Fios Available in North Pinellas County?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
man those are great!!!...im in south pinellas *saint Petersburg or by Kenneth city) does that apply to us?...i don't have a verizon phone and their search by adress is horrible...any info would b great...and thanks for the pics :)

It might be a while for fiber to reach your specific area sadly to say. I'm assuming that your closer to Pinellas Park compared to St. Petersburg.

It might be a while for fiber to reach your specific area sadly to say. I'm assuming that your closer to Pinellas Park compared to St. Petersburg.

hmmm i know it might take about another year ( i so hope), but i live if i got this right, in between pinellas park and saint petersburg (i am right on 54th ave)....i do remember about a year in a half ago, (not sure what they were doing) but on 54th ave they were working,on digging underground by the main road's sidewalk by a pole, installing something and they left one of those yellow short rounded poles, about wires being underground and i guess is a thing to alert people about not digging or something like that (i have to read what it says..if its fiber or other network wires...but around where i live i have seen TONS *usually in the main roads* of other, yellow ground poles usually every so many streets over,that says fiber optic networks etc etc (i could take a pic of it if u guys ever wanted to jic)...is that has to do with fios or something else?,also right around the corner of my street there is one of these (http://www.cabletv.com/verizon/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=10) they were also working inside the box and from what i saw at times to times..it seem like they were putting all brand new wires and stuff....i so hope that had part to do with the installation of fios,but really and anyways, how long can it take verizon to make this side of the tampa bay area all fios available,shouldn't take no more than a few months...especially if northern pinellas already has fios is already available and saintpetersburg,pinellaspark,st pete beach etc..is a well developed area, so it should b VERY easy to run them fios wires or h/e they do it, especially seeing them boxes on the sides of the roads all over my town..my guess is that they are working in my area and soon to be done... :)i been waiting patiently...heck i would move to the other side (of tampa) just to get fios, if they weren't to put it here lol

Last edited:
There has been a lot of Verizon crews working in Safety Harbor this past week. I drove by the crew and yelled from my truck about FiOS and they yelled back "next week", so whatever that means....

Just got off the phone with Verizon. St. Petersburg isn't even on the deployment schedule yet.

My guess is it could be a couple years. They are in north Pinellas County though and I am assuming they will work their way down. Considering Pinellas is the most densely populated county (per sq mile) in the state, they should have started here first. They completed scummy south Pasco a while ago.

I'll just keep on paying for Bright House and Dish. Verizon has almost as many channels as both of those combined, minus the Voom channels and the Bright House specialties like Catch 47 (which nobody watches I'd imagine) and Bay News 9.

Looks like I can get just about everything I want (Movies, HD, DVR) for around $100 with Verizon when they finally get here. (Not including Internet)

I have to wonder why it's taking Verizon so long to work it's way down to the Countryside area. Several months ago, Verizon had a table at CompUSA offering FIOS. For a while you could see their trucks in the vicinity but no more.

They just laid all the conduit a few weeks ago in my area (Port Richey), but I wounder how long it will take to run the fiber and turn the service on.

They just laid all the conduit a few weeks ago in my area (Port Richey), but I wounder how long it will take to run the fiber and turn the service on.

Shouldn't be too long for you. I have two family member households in the New Port Richey-Port Richey area. One just started getting solicitations and they tell him it is ready and the other has had it for several months off Little Rd north of 54 near Trouble Creek.

Shouldn't be too long for you. I have two family member households in the New Port Richey-Port Richey area. One just started getting solicitations and they tell him it is ready and the other has had it for several months off Little Rd north of 54 near Trouble Creek.
Yea I hope so. They were out today putting in the fiber lines.

I am currently in Palm Harbor (Bentley Park) and get fios. I'm moving 4 miles south to the Countryside/Curlew intersection and nothing. Ohh, and I've had fios here since Dececmber 06. 11 months and haven't moved four months South? Wow....

*EDIT* Meant miles South....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts