Fios beats DirecTv in latest customer satisfaction ranking

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Peds, if the HD Fee is no longer, then why did my bill not go DOWN by $10 ?

Actually EVERYBODY should be saving $10 that have HD ...

Really ?

Hmmm,
Seams I have been paying for an HD Fee since they decided to have one, what was it, 2003 ?
Then they came up with the Advanced Recvr fee of like 23/25 dollars which was the DVR fee, the Whole Home fee and the HD FEE all bundled together ... call it something else and tell people they are not paying a HD Fee .... IF you believe that kind of propaganda fine ... were not all nieve to that degree.

Here is the line item right off my bill:

5. Advanced Receiver Service - HD 10.00
7. Advanced Receiver Service - DVR 10.00
8. DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service 3.00
I guess you missed the cut off date...

Hey Peds, if the HD Fee is no longer, then why did my bill not go DOWN by $10 ?

Actually EVERYBODY should be saving $10 that have HD ...
I CLEARLY said "no longer" and posted the cut off date. The fact is that DIRECTV® no longer charges for HD, as of 7/2014

Cut off date ?
What cut off date ?

I've been with them since '04.
I guess you missed on the news. DIRECTV® changed their pricing structure on 7/2014. At that point they no longer charge for HD, but decided to charge for every receiver INCLUDING the first one. If an HDDVR or Genie is on the account, there would be an Advanced Receiver fee of $15.00.

Obviously, as it has always been, new pricing structures only applies to NEW subs.
So does that mean those of us that have been here all along will still be paying the higher rate, seeing you mentioned that the price change was for New Subs ?

Essentially, they are saving them $10, but adding a $6.50 (recvr) charge, so they are saving you about 3-4 dollars ...

I agree with that sentiment, and understand customers get pissed because they feel they are paying to much, but if customers stopped switching every 2 years, and also stopped switching during temporary take downs of channels on each provider....these prices would be a lot more in control. For instance, if people did not switch over the Fox News debacle, Fox would have had zero leverage and could not demand higher prices. If ESPN goes down, and people stuck around until ESPN feels the hurt, then that silly $5 price tag comes down. WE did this to OURselves, but it is easy to blame to person taking our money, that is giving us exactly what WE asked for.

I think it's more about the $100/mo barrier and continued trajectory of escalation with no relief in sight. The a-la-carte model is the only way pay TV survives another 10 years. Pay-TV is pricing itself out of existence. Who wants to pay for channels they don't watch? If you could shave $15-20/mo off that bill from channels you don't watch then many people would be happier. Do most customers need 200 channels? Would they be happy with a top 50 or even 30? Probably.

Dare I say too channels like ESPN would be forced to make their channels have higher quality and not just endless reruns of SportsCenter or poker. ESPN used to have live sports on. Nowadays you have to go to ESPN2, 3, U, or some other spinoff. It's really a placeholder channel now with poor content. I also wonder how long poor ratings channels would be around with a-la-carte. It's time we stop subsidizing garbage. We're all idiot customers for voluntarily subsidizing channels that can't cut it with good programming.

I think it's more about the $100/mo barrier and continued trajectory of escalation with no relief in sight. The a-la-carte model is the only way pay TV survives another 10 years. Pay-TV is pricing itself out of existence. Who wants to pay for channels they don't watch? If you could shave $15-20/mo off that bill from channels you don't watch then many people would be happier. Do most customers need 200 channels? Would they be happy with a top 50 or even 30? Probably..

The only channel i want is TNT, FX, FXX and REELZ.
If dish have at least a near "a la carte" package Thant including Welcome pack+ plus the channel above, i will be happy.

I think it's more about the $100/mo barrier and continued trajectory of escalation with no relief in sight. The a-la-carte model is the only way pay TV survives another 10 years. Pay-TV is pricing itself out of existence. Who wants to pay for channels they don't watch? If you could shave $15-20/mo off that bill from channels you don't watch then many people would be happier. Do most customers need 200 channels? Would they be happy with a top 50 or even 30? Probably.

Dare I say too channels like ESPN would be forced to make their channels have higher quality and not just endless reruns of SportsCenter or poker. ESPN used to have live sports on. Nowadays you have to go to ESPN2, 3, U, or some other spinoff. It's really a placeholder channel now with poor content. I also wonder how long poor ratings channels would be around with a-la-carte. It's time we stop subsidizing garbage. We're all idiot customers for voluntarily subsidizing channels that can't cut it with good programming.
I disagree with your part about espn .... they Do have live games, we're just not in that tea of year ... when College Football comes around they have plenty of live action.

So does that mean those of us that have been here all along will still be paying the higher rate, seeing you mentioned that the price change was for New Subs ?

Essentially, they are saving them $10, but adding a $6.50 (recvr) charge, so they are saving you about 3-4 dollars ...
Correct.

peds, they're getting their money, they just put different names on it to make you feel better.
There is no more HD fee, that is a fact. That you want to place a name on to a fee that otherwise belongs to something else, that is up to you.

There is no more HD fee, that is a fact. That you want to place a name on to a fee that otherwise belongs to something else, that is up to you.

your argument is like saying "instead of having to pay for tires on my new car, i got them for free!" except the price of the car went up accordingly. while you're technicly correct, you're still paying for the tires.

Reactions: Troch77 and Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)