FIOS install questions- HELP!

I have no idea how they did it.

I have no idea when they did it.

But the fiber cable is looped around the phone network interface strapped on the conduit feeding the electric meter. The fiber itself is strapped to the conduit and enters the ground next to it. One inch away from the copper phone feed. NO digging. NO bricks were moved. A small wrapped black cable comes out of the ground between the brick wall and a concrete square, which clearly has not been moved.

If you look carefully on the lawn by the street, you can see a thin line where they trenched up to the shed. Can't see where they came out the other side, due to concrete and bricks. Do they have a device to run a line underground that can work with only 3 or 4 square inches of open ground, right next to a brick wall?

I was concerned that running this line was going to be a big problem, one that might delay the install. Clearly, I was mistaken.

They've done a wonderful job.

That is a true statement, but the Moto is not bad so we keep one in the bedroom. We've gotten used to the Tivo and we really don't miss the 622 much these day...except, my little one wants new videos on her Pocketdish. I really miss how easy it was to offload video to the Pocketdish when we were running errands, etc.

Anyway, does anyone know of Tivo is planning anything similar (and easy to use and not time consuming) as the Pocketdish...perhaps Tivo to Archos?

I don't think Tivo has any major development programs in the works. No money, and the economy and their customer base is tanking.

If Archos would get one of their latest devices to work with Dish and in HD, I'd buy one. But I won't get one and just hope they'll later release the feature. You'd think it would help sell more Archos boxes if they got this trick to work with as many DVRs as possible.

Bob, I personally know dozens of people with FiOS double and triple play services both here and back in Virginia and not one of them is anything anything less than satisfied with their FiOS service. I've had FiOS for more than 10 months now and, other than initial ordering/billing problems, the service and support has been outstanding...all three services just plain work 24/7. I can only assume you are in a very poorly managed Verizon territory.

well the other 600 fios hone customers had the same noisey router problem according to the network tech who finally fixed it

another thing verizon now has a firm company policy against tree trimming even when it endangers their line.

their admitted policy we wait till the line is damaged and then fix it

Guess what one day a severe storm will cause much more damage than necessary and lines will not be fixed faST

all to save a few bucks on a budget line somewhere.

our local fios line is supporting a large tree on a abandoned right of way, left over from when the homes were built in 1950.

one day that is coming down

verizon should maintain their right of ways

well the other 600 fios hone customers had the same noisey router problem according to the network tech who finally fixed it

another thing verizon now has a firm company policy against tree trimming even when it endangers their line.

their admitted policy we wait till the line is damaged and then fix it

Guess what one day a severe storm will cause much more damage than necessary and lines will not be fixed faST

all to save a few bucks on a budget line somewhere.

our local fios line is supporting a large tree on a abandoned right of way, left over from when the homes were built in 1950.

one day that is coming down

verizon should maintain their right of ways
Again, your Verizon experiences are very different than mine. In fact, before we dropped our Verizon landline for VOIP a few years ago, we had exactly one outage in 19-years of service...and Verizon Virginia Inc. was on-top of the issue like white on rice...they trenched a complete new line from the street to the house (about 150 yeards) before I got home from work the following day after reporting an outage. I can't remember what happened, but the Cable company (Adelphia) screwed something up.

As far as the local Verizon tech here in TX...the install techs and local business manager game me their business cards and cell phones during installation. Apparently Pennsylvania Verizon Inc (or just your particular area) is not like the Verizon areas I have lived in.

Again, your Verizon experiences are very different than mine. In fact, before we dropped our Verizon landline for VOIP a few years ago, we had exactly one outage in 19-years of service...and Verizon Virginia Inc. was on-top of the issue like white on rice...they trenched a complete new line from the street to the house (about 150 yeards) before I got home from work the following day after reporting an outage. I can't remember what happened, but the Cable company (Adelphia) screwed something up.

As far as the local Verizon tech here in TX...the install techs and local business manager game me their business cards and cell phones during installation. Apparently Pennsylvania Verizon Inc (or just your particular area) is not like the Verizon areas I have lived in.
To the OP, first off - I'm glad to hear that your install went so smoothly. Second, responding to this post - H ave to agree with you riffjim. I've had FiOS internet for over 3 years... I've had a whopping 1 outage. And it was extremely short. I've had their TV service for nearly 2 years, and I've had exactly 0 outages. The Vz techs I've dealt with up here were awesome. I've had a few out to my house - early on we had issues with VOD pixellating. They bent over backwards to help us. The installers were easily the best I've ever had at my house. Curteous, friendly, professional, and knowledgeable as all get out.

The TV installer walked in, saw my kids watching TV, and said 'I don't want to disrupt their TV watching too much - I'll rearrange some of the steps so I minimize their outage.' When I told him that wasn't necessary, he just smiled and said 'it's not a big deal... I know how important those shows are to kids.' And he did just that.

I also asked that he leave as much of my DirecTV service intact as possible (wasn't sure if I'd like FiOS TV). Again, he complied terrifically. It would literally take me all of about 90 seconds (ok, may 180 seconds) to go back to DirecTV service if I so desired... which I don't. And neither the internet nor the TV installer left until they were sure that everything was working properly.

Actually, my install hasn't happened yet. They've just brought the fiber up to where they'll put in the ONT.

Today, for sure, I'll finish running those wires from the ONT area to the router area.

Wires run. Area cleared. Outlet freed up. Now to wait for 2/25. Maybe I'll post some pics when done.