Fios Installer cut corners

grydlok

Vuvuzela Horns
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Richmond,VA
People think cutting corners is only in DBS installations. The cable(Fiber) where I live in city are aerial. Verizon technician decided he didn't want to run the cable for my neighbors house in the same path the original copper followed. He decided that he would string it from the pole hanging down my yard to my neighbor house like a damn big azz "V". My neighbor is my cousin. He didn't pay attention how the guy did anything. Now outside looks stupid. He called Verizon and they are going to have someone come redo it Monday. I was wondering how the hell the guy got my cousin done so fast(less than 2 hrs). Ran the Coax through his vent. ONT ground not even close. The WEP key didn't work. Tech didn't verify that it worked. The tech saw he had a ps3, 360, HR20, 1 pc plus 2 laptops already networked and left. This pisses me off big time.

Bring me those problems. PLEASE!

navychop: Why?

We have FIoS internet & telephone but we decided to stay with E* for the time being at least. The internet service is to die for! Period.

Our daughter & son-in-law have the Triple Play - we were unimpressed with the TV - the TV picture quality is simply exceptional - the best - however, the Motorola DVR is a real dog - it pales next to Dish's 622/722 models in terms of functionality & external storage and FIoS still has a somewhat limited channel selection compared to E*.

Maybe FIoS TV later, but certainly not now.

Just my 2 cents.

--Doug

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)