FIOS internet and phone problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
my primary phone line was changed to fios, over a year ago I was the first activation in my neighborhood. I use FIOS for internet its not available for tv yet.

but the phone line associated with this has a BIG problem. a occasionaly very noisey crashing sound and unreal static. the line is unusable at this time. worse many customers use it to call me:(

the static occurs randomly aat least every 15 to 30 calls but never twice in a row.

its been a problem a long time but they have been actively trying to fix it with no success for over a week. a tech at the ONT can reproduce it with my home disconnected, so its not me. although I have one fibre and one copper line with a 2 line answering machine, but the tech said thats not the cause since it happens with hois test handset at the ONT, which they have now replaced at least twice.

one tech has a theory, my CO has a bad noisey router, nd when a incoming call gets randomly assigned to the bad router I get the noise, it never happens twice in a row.

verizon is a waste, i get the idea no one cares, and its a known issue in my CO, other techs are reporting the same problem, and it hasnt been fixed.

any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Consider switching to a straight VoIP service such as Vonage or Voice Pulse. Then, you don't have to worry about Verizon's equipment other than the Internet service. If the internet is reliable, then just bypass them for voice.

My parents had a similar customer service issue with Verizon, where they have an irregular noisey line (copper only, they don't have FIOS yet). It took ~ 3 weeks and multiple visits to resolve. Fortunately for Verizon, it was resolved before they got fed up enough to switch.

My neighbor has Verizon fios Tv and Internet and is using Vonage for his telephone. he said that he has no problem with it. Acutally he said he had to turn down the volume since it was so clear over Verizon's internet.

I had the same problem you are describing, plus my caller ID quit working as soon as FiOs was installed. They must have come out ten times to fix it and they never did. So I dropped the voice and went with Vonage and haven't looked back. I've had Vonage for about a year now and love it. As mentioned above it is crystal clear and the volume is a bit loud. I had to turn down the volume as well. And it also helps that it is saving me 40 bucks a month over Verizon as well.

I had a similar problem with my DSL line a good while back. The guy came out and split the DSL in my box, which completely solved the problem.

I am waiting for Fios in a few weeks when they activate my neighborhood.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)