FireFox- FF has been failing me for the past few months now.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
For the past few months now Firefox has been giving me a number of problems on my main desktop and laptop.
1. Strarted with the 2nd and beyond tabs unable to open with my home page, instead jumping to Yahoo.
2. Next I began to have trouble with a number of favorite web pages unable to display properly.
3. For the past few weeks now, some web pages will take me to a "Net Assistant" search page. While it happens to many web sites, a good example is when I try to open a thread at Satelliteguys and it takes me to this Net Assistant page.

I have been using IE ver 8 and it does not do any of these things with the same URL's.

Firefox used to be my favorite browser but I think I'm due for a change. FF is just getting too annoying, with every update. Too bloated. Too buggy.

What are you all using these days for a trouble free browser on your PC?

BTW- I have no problems with my ipad Safari.

im running Firefox and haven't seen any issues

but i also run ie9 at home for some sites, no issues there either

Well, I'm glad I asked because it must be something here then. Maybe I will check it out on my Vista system. Everything else is XP. Wonder if that is the problem.

Is everyone else using windows 7 or Vista?

Firefox is version 3.6.16.

Been using IE ver 8 today and it is also crashing on a few web pages but it only crashes on the one tab while the others remain open and working fine.

Thanks everyone for confirming my FF must have been corrupted. I uninstalled it on both computers and reinstalled and now all the craziness is gone. As far as I'm concerned, case closed.

Thanks everyone for confirming my FF must have been corrupted. I uninstalled it on both computers and reinstalled and now all the craziness is gone. As far as I'm concerned, case closed.

Download and run MALWAREBYTES. Your browser was probably hijacked by a trojan. Your symptoms are a classic study in trojan browser hijacking behavior. If your machine was infected, it'll get re-infected again shortly.

Malwarebytes

Browser Hijacking - How To Information | eHow.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)