Firefox Gets a Brand New, Even More Customizable Design

I have been using firefox for a long time and it has always been easy to rearrange everything, until now. In this version certain things that were movable aren't anymore and its pissing me off. I usually put the contents of the bookmarks toolbar and the address bar in the menu bar and then disable the (now empty) bookmarks toolbar and address bars. This results in almost all of my screen space available for the webpage.

The address bar is now unmovable, stuck below the tabs, where I usually don't have anything under the tab except the webpage. More customizable? BullS***. I think there are some addons which will improve the situation. I'll have to try them.

It looks more like Chrome to me. If people get the Add on, "Classic Theme Restorer", it will make Firefox look and work like older versions.
Dan

I'll hold off changing for a few days, and let you pioneers fill me in about it.

It looks more like Chrome to me. If people get the Add on, "Classic Theme Restorer", it will make Firefox look and work like older versions.
Dan

Which reminds me- I was going to try Chrome again, but stopped for some reason. Was there a security problem with Chrome a while back, or some other drawback?

I've been test driving Opera the last few weeks, and really like it . It's really snappy.I dunno why but chrome just doesn't play well with my pc.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I've been test driving Opera the last few weeks, and really like it . It's really snappy.I dunno why but chrome just doesn't play well with my pc.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Chrome relies heavily on the graphics adapter. It runs really slow on my machine due to Folding@Home. I use Firefox most of the time here at work but use Chrome on my home machine.

For me Chrome is the browser du jour. Fast and I like the that it remembers the zoom for every page I go to. I used Firefox for a long time but it became too slow and wouldn't play some Flash correctly, even after deleting it and doing a fresh install of the most updated version of that time. I gave up IE a long time ago for an everyday browser, only use it now for the rare case where a site just won't play nice with Chrome.
One other HUGE advantage is how it interacts with my Smartphone.

For me Chrome is the browser du jour. Fast and I like the that it remembers the zoom for every page I go to. I used Firefox for a long time but it became too slow and wouldn't play some Flash correctly, even after deleting it and doing a fresh install of the most updated version of that time. I gave up IE a long time ago for an everyday browser, only use it now for the rare case where a site just won't play nice with Chrome.
One other HUGE advantage is how it interacts with my Smartphone.

Exact opposite for me.Now when Chrome first came out it was extremely fast on my dual core,and it played flash well,today not so much.Firefox and Opera both perform better.I have uninstalled,cleared the cache tweaked the settings,and it made no difference.

Opera is now using some Chrome elements,but it runs circles around it on this pc.

The only thing I don't like is the back arrow being in attached to the address bar,prior to the update mine was at the far left,taking a lil getting used to the new location.

Exact opposite for me.Now when Chrome first came out it was extremely fast on my dual core,and it played flash well,today not so much.Firefox and Opera both perform better.I have uninstalled,cleared the cache tweaked the settings,and it made no difference.

Opera is now using some Chrome elements,but it runs circles around it on this pc.

About two or three updates into the "Faster builds" upgrades of FireFox I started noticing issues with FF and my PC. I switched to chrome almost exclusively. Then six or seven months ago I've switched back to FF and it seems whatever was causing the slowdown had been patched because FF runs smooth again but now I have issues with Chrome. Go figure.

The only thing I don't like is the back arrow being in attached to the address bar,prior to the update mine was at the far left,taking a lil getting used to the new location.

Yep...same with reload.

Honestly,it ain't bad at all.Actually seems a bit faster.I did load up firefox restore classic theme though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)