Firefox users

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Something happened to the way my browser works about 3 days back, now the forum only displays in Text-mode, or something, hard to read, and I am not able to find a setting anywhere to fix it on satelliteguys user-cp. I tried deleting all cookies, disabling flash-block and adblock extensions in Firefox, nothing fixes it. Any idea from other linux+firefox users?
I am using Firefox 3.5.6-the distro I use has not updated to the latest FF yet, and I haven't been able to make the new version work as a stand-alone browser.
Thanks!

I'm using FF 3.6.13 with no issues. Maybe an update will help.

Thanks for the tips>Firefox works so well, normally, that I don't have to ever worry with 'fixing' anything. I got industrious, and learned how to create a new profile, and that fixed it. But I had forgotten about deleting the cache, think I will go back to the default profile and try that on it. This happened once before, but had been so long I had forgotten, just deleting cookies doesn't work on all problems, lol.

I have had an issue as well with the text in satelliteguys using firefox and latest update and the new beta 4 didnt help. Its like the words get cut off at the top and bottom or something. I dont have this issue in Explorer or Chrome.

I use Chrome more often now since I figured out that middle clicking a link opens up a link in another tab and dont have to use Maxthon for the functionality now. Chrome also seems more stable and dont crash as much as it used to.

Nope the cookies are only for keeping your logged in.

The cache stores the .css files which are the base of all our pages. Those are stored in the cache of your computer so they dont need to be downloaded everytime you change a page here. If a CSS file gets messed up in your cache it will cause the page to look funny. Clearing the cache (and then restarting the browser) forces the browser to download the .css files again from the server.

Thanks again Scott, but that didn't fix it this time. I switched back to my newly-created profile in Firefox and now it works as before. I DID change my satguys password last week, but I don't recall if the problem started immediately after that, or not. I had no problem logging in with the new passwd. Maybe something else corrupted in the browser, but its not worth a long search for me. Creating the new profile makes it ok again, and I can import my booksmarks from the old default profile.

That might be what it is, the zoom function. I cannot remember if I tried that or not. Will have to try that next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.