Firestick

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
I have a friend I was telling him about all of the channel apps free on the Firestick, so he went and bought one. I went over to his house to help him add apps. I showed him the guide that several apps will work on, such as Xumo, Pluto, Plex, Tubi, etc. He came up with 511 channels in the guide. He couldn't believe how many channel apps there are. Before he bought the Firestick, he watched old TV shows on You Tube and OTA. That was it. He is like a kid in a candy store. He has the one with the voice remote and he is into old TV shows. He found The Rifleman, the A Team, and Movin' On. All shows he likes.His wife noticed the Flying Nun and That Girl. They are happy campers.

I have a friend I was telling him about all of the channel apps free on the Firestick, so he went and bought one. I went over to his house to help him add apps. I showed him the guide that several apps will work on, such as Xumo, Pluto, Plex, Tubi, etc. He came up with 511 channels in the guide. He couldn't believe how many channel apps there are. Before he bought the Firestick, he watched old TV shows on You Tube and OTA. That was it. He is like a kid in a candy store. He has the one with the voice remote and he is into old TV shows. He found The Rifleman, the A Team, and Movin' On. All shows he likes.His wife noticed the Flying Nun and That Girl. They are happy campers.
Oh yeah! I just have Zumo and Pluto and the number is amazing. I tell people those are legit channels that aren't big enough for the big carriers to provide. Plex, I only use for movies on my EHD, but I've watched how the service has grown over the years into a viable streaming service.
Best part is I have them on my TV so my Locals and streaming channels are all integrated into one guide but yet, at the end of the day 90%^ of my TV viewing is YouTube

Oh yeah! I just have Zumo and Pluto and the number is amazing. I tell people those are legit channels that aren't big enough for the big carriers to provide. Plex, I only use for movies on my EHD, but I've watched how the service has grown over the years into a viable streaming service.
Best part is I have them on my TV so my Locals and streaming channels are all integrated into one guide but yet, at the end of the day 90%^ of my TV viewing is YouTube
I have the re-cast so my locals are also in the guide. For something free, there is a lot of material out there.

Reactions: NYDutch
I have the re-cast so my locals are also in the guide. For something free, there is a lot of material out there.
There definitely is! Even news, which may not be live in most cases, can still be found based on someones preferences streaming current topics/headlines

Reactions: Wescopc
I had forgotten Tubi. Imagine my delight when I found The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. on there. It has just disappeared, except for it's theme music, used by NBC for the last decade or so of Olympics.

I had forgotten Tubi. Imagine my delight when I found The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. on there. It has just disappeared, except for it's theme music, used by NBC for the last decade or so of Olympics.
I recently added Tubi because I read that they had the Logan's Run Tv series from CBS. It starred Gregory Harrison as Logan and Heather Menzies as Jessica. I watched all 14 episodes and it was like it was new to me, since the only time I have seen them was in 1977-78 when it first ran on network tv. I loved the original movie when I was 14. Saw it at the theaters with a buddy and had to go back and watch it again a few days later because we didn't get to see the ending. We had a Thunder storm and lightening struck a transformer and blacked out that area of town. It was even better with the ending. ;)

Reactions: TheKrell
It is interesting with streaming services, we continue to get more and more free channels, while satellite & cable add one new channel once in a while and of course they are not generally free.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Although I own several Fire sticks and Rokus, I have never experienced all those free channels. With Dish dvr, Prime and Netlix I can't find enough time to try those.
How often do those channels break for advertisements? Is it reasonable? Are some better than others?
I realize they need revenue and I recognize that.
Thoughts?

Reactions: navychop
I recently added Tubi because I read that they had the Logan's Run Tv series from CBS. It starred Gregory Harrison as Logan and Heather Menzies as Jessica. I watched all 14 episodes and it was like it was new to me, since the only time I have seen them was in 1977-78 when it first ran on network tv. I loved the original movie when I was 14. Saw it at the theaters with a buddy and had to go back and watch it again a few days later because we didn't get to see the ending. We had a Thunder storm and lightening struck a transformer and blacked out that area of town. It was even better with the ending. ;)
They even had three of our four local news shows.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Well, I guess any Logan's Run cast is better than no more shows at all.
Heather Menzies as Jessica
Good but not breathtaking like this lady:

pemsqgp3c5951.jpg

It is interesting with streaming services, we continue to get more and more free channels, while satellite & cable add one new channel once in a while and of course they are not generally free.
It is never free.

Never usually watch Pluto TV, just found out they do On Demand also, so much content of the older and newer stuff that you can click on, still hate the commercials, but they have the first seven seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies on in HD and I could not stop myself from watching.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
Although I own several Fire sticks and Rokus, I have never experienced all those free channels. With Dish dvr, Prime and Netlix I can't find enough time to try those.
How often do those channels break for advertisements? Is it reasonable? Are some better than others?
I realize they need revenue and I recognize that.
Thoughts?
I was watching an episode of the Avergers on the Roku channel a while back. In the hour show, one 30 sec ad. That was it. They vary all over the board with the amount of ads. Some have basically none and others are loaded.
I have the Recast with the Fire Stick. I get 36 OTA channels, but there are another 600 channels that are in the guide totally for free. Here is the latest line up:

Recast 36 channels
News 21 channels
Haystack 49 channels
Red Bull 11 channels
Freevee 146 channels
Plex 50 channels
Pluto 62 channels
Sling 168 channels
Tubi 33 channels
Xumo 50 channels

Reactions: sktrus
Well, I guess any Logan's Run cast is better than no more shows at all.

Good but not breathtaking like this lady:

pemsqgp3c5951.jpg
Jenny was the first woman I ever saw on a screen that showed her boobs. I had a crush on her at 14. I loved her accent. When I had a kid the first one was a boy that she lost at 11 weeks. We named him Logan Michael. IF we had a girl we would of named her Jessica. The second son that was born at 24 weeks premature, was named Jeremy Logan. He died at 6 months. My third son that lived was named Jacob Ryan. I called him Jake. So I stayed with a J name.

Reactions: TheKrell
Jenny was the first woman I ever saw on a screen that showed her boobs. I had a crush on her at 14. I loved her accent. When I had a kid the first one was a boy that she lost at 11 weeks. We named him Logan Michael. IF we had a girl we would of named her Jessica. The second son that was born at 24 weeks premature, was named Jeremy Logan. He died at 6 months. My third son that lived was named Jacob Ryan. I called him Jake. So I stayed with a J name.
She really didn't have to for me. I used my imagination with that green dress and no bra.:p

The only thing with free tv is all the ads and commercials not worth it to me. My friend pays 30 a month for firestick and has 5,000 channels