Firestick

Although I own several Fire sticks and Rokus, I have never experienced all those free channels. With Dish dvr, Prime and Netlix I can't find enough time to try those.
How often do those channels break for advertisements? Is it reasonable? Are some better than others?
I realize they need revenue and I recognize that.
Thoughts?
Streaming services vary all over the board with the number of ads and ad breaks. Most of the ones I watch have short breaks, maybe a minute or two, every so often. The one thing I do not like is that most streaming services work on a timer with their breaks. For example I like the old Carol Burnett Show. You Tube (Not You Tube TV) have a lot of episodes of the old shows. Great pq too considering their age, but their darn 10 minute short breaks are set up on a timer, so a variety show can be in the middle of a song or skit, and here comes a break. I finally got tired of it and am spending the $12 a month to get You Tube free of ads. In the old days You Tube had no ads. Some streaming services have hardly any ads. It does vary a lot, but they have to find somewhere to get money. One thing I do find that with streaming, so many cable type channels stream on the Fire Stick or Roku for me (with ads). While on satellite or cable people many for many of the same channels.

It is never free.

Never usually watch Pluto TV, just found out they do On Demand also, so much content of the older and newer stuff that you can click on, still hate the commercials, but they have the first seven seasons of The Beverly Hillbillies on in HD and I could not stop myself from watching.
True, as I said they need to pay the bills one way or another. However, with cable none of these channels are free, people pay for them and even ones with ads.

The only thing with free tv is all the ads and commercials not worth it to me. My friend pays 30 a month for firestick and has 5,000 channels
There are not 5,000 channels on the Firestick that are legal. He must be getting some not licensed streaming service. Technology they are not "illegal", but the people do not pay copyright & license fees which often they are shut down.

Streaming services vary all over the board with the number of ads and ad breaks. Most of the ones I watch have short breaks, maybe a minute or two, every so often. The one thing I do not like is that most streaming services work on a timer with their breaks. For example I like the old Carol Burnett Show. You Tube (Not You Tube TV) have a lot of episodes of the old shows. Great pq too considering their age, but their darn 10 minute short breaks are set up on a timer, so a variety show can be in the middle of a song or skit, and here comes a break. I finally got tired of it and am spending the $12 a month to get You Tube free of ads. In the old days You Tube had no ads. Some streaming services have hardly any ads. It does vary a lot, but they have to find somewhere to get money. One thing I do find that with streaming, so many cable type channels stream on the Fire Stick or Roku for me (with ads). While on satellite or cable people many for many of the same channels.
We watch the old Carol Burnett shows on Amazon's FreeVee, and the ads don't seem to be as intrusive as the YouTube ads.

Reactions: TheKrell
We watch the old Carol Burnett shows on Amazon's FreeVee, and the ads don't seem to be as intrusive as the YouTube ads.
I'll have to give FreeVee a try because I hate excessive ads too.

With PlutoTV I noticed ads are ridiculous at times. Sometimes they interrupt the show in the middle of a sentence.

And I am not sure which streaming service did it, but I was watching "Deal or No Deal" and it went into an endless loop! A portion of the show repeated over and over. I wanted to see the ending but gave up after the third loop.

My favorite (and current) streaming service is "Philo" for only $25 a month. On recorded shows I can skip all commercials during breaks with a single button press on the remote.

I'll have to give FreeVee a try because I hate excessive ads too.

With PlutoTV I noticed ads are ridiculous at times. Sometimes they interrupt the show in the middle of a sentence.

And I am not sure which streaming service did it, but I was watching "Deal or No Deal" and it went into an endless loop! A portion of the show repeated over and over. I wanted to see the ending but gave up after the third loop.

My favorite (and current) streaming service is "Philo" for only $25 a month. On recorded shows I can skip all commercials during breaks with a single button press on the remote.
FreeVee isn't perfect, but the ads do seem better handled for the most part. Give it a try, the price is right. ;)

I'd take YouTube ads over any other streaming service because they're usually 5 seconds long or you can skip them whereas Hulu or others are usually a minute thirty.

My antenna installer from a few years back offered to sell me a "$70 Android TV box that gets thousands of channels -- literally everything in the world." I told him that sounded shady as hell and no thanks.

Reactions: TheKrell