First Blood!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
Well I did it. I finally got paid today as a professional installer. :)

If you have been reading the Adventures in Dish Hunting 2008 thread, you will recall that last weekend, I bought a DSR-922 from a guy not far from here. You will also recall that I approached another guy about buying his DSR-905 receiver, but he wanted to keep it. He did indicate that he would like to upgrad, but all the good deals were gone for upgrading.

Today I called him and traded him the DSR-922 for the DSR-905 with cash to boot. Sold him a used actuator in the deal, got his old one which was brand new, but he didin't know how to wire it up, and it has been hanging on the dish for two years, and he paid me to come over and set it all up for him. :cool:

Finally found a way to make this hobby pay for itself with the knowledge that all of you here at Satguys have taught me over the past almost 2 years now. :bow

So thank you one and all. :hatsoff:

Well I did it. I finally got paid today as a professional installer. :)

If you have been reading the Adventures in Dish Hunting 2008 thread, you will recall that last weekend, I bought a DSR-922 from a guy not far from here. You will also recall that I approached another guy about buying his DSR-905 receiver, but he wanted to keep it. He did indicate that he would like to upgrad, but all the good deals were gone for upgrading.

Today I called him and traded him the DSR-922 for the DSR-905 with cash to boot. Sold him a used actuator in the deal, got his old one which was brand new, but he didin't know how to wire it up, and it has been hanging on the dish for two years, and he paid me to come over and set it all up for him. :cool:

Finally found a way to make this hobby pay for itself with the knowledge that all of you here at Satguys have taught me over the past almost 2 years now. :bow

So thank you one and all. :hatsoff:

Make sure you claim the income on your tax form next year! :p Now that you posted this in a public forum, you wouldn't want the gov'ment pulling an "Al Capone" on you! :D

Well, if he does show a small revenue stream from his installs and sales, then he can work on writing off some of his purchases. - :up

Not sure how to write off some of those freebies, though.
But you could probably write off the food, lodging, and wear/tear on the car when you go out to get those freebies... :confused:

I'm not too sure I'm happy for you Fred...?

Seems like getting paid would sort of take all the fun out of it...???

But, that being said, if he offered me money, I would have not hurt his feelings...!!!!!

Thanks Guys!

I am sure my accountant wife has everything covered, including the taxes!! :)

By the time she is finished with the write-offs, I won't make any money for several years yet. :cool:

I didn't take any pics because I really didn't install it. I just put on the actuator, and made sure the wiring was correct, went inside and programmed the receiver for him, and he was overjoyed to have his Big Dish back up and running after two years. :D

The dish itself was already lined up on the arc, so it was all a piece of cake. Just had to find G1 channel 5, and we were off to the races.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts