• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
So who's going to be the first NFL Coach to get the ax this afternoon?

Let's review the Candidates:

Billick is safe in Baltimore...
Vermeil is Retiring from K.C.

Mike Mularkey in Buffalo has a lot of problems after 2 years (9-7 last year, 5-10 currently)

Herman Edwards and his JETS are in a world of trouble and in rebuilding, I think he's safe.

Romeo Crennel is Safe here in Cleveland.

Jeff Fisher is 99% safe in Tenessee. He's gotta convince McNair to step down though...

Dom Capers has GOT to be out in Houston (4-12, 5-11,7-9, Currently 2-13)

Marty is Safe in San Diego

Norv Turner could be an early casualty in Oakland (5-11, 4-12)

Everyone in the NFC East should be staying put.

Dick Jauron probably will be replaced with a bigger name so Matt Millen can take the heat off himself in Detroit, but Jauron doesn't count anyways, he's an Interim Coach...

Mike Sherman in Green Bay should be safe since he's also a VP. Unless there's a major shakeup in the office to force him into one job, he's staying.

Jim Haslett is probably going to be getting a reprieve in New Orleans, but it's hard to say. They could end up with the #1 pick in the draft today and those looney tunes would rather take Leinart than Bush...Already have Stallworth, Horn and Brooks, while their leading rusher this year has 600 yards...Idiots...

Dennis Green is safe in Arizona

Mike Martz is out in St. Louis but he's already out and doesn't count anyways. Wish my browns would sign him as offensive co-ordinator, imagine him working with Frye, Winslow, Edwards and Droughns...

Mike Nolan is safe in San Francisco.

So i've read there could be up to 13 vacancies this off-season but I don't even see how, people are looking for any story. I think the stor tonight will be Dom Capers...He's my pick for first to go, but he plays at 4pm which really could screw me...

Last edited:
capers or edwards

ps, how is that fan who got pile drove for running onto the field during the steelers game?? you remember the *ss kicking of the decade??!!

just a little turnpike levity.....LOL

Last edited:
I'm more interested to see if Parcells walks if Jerry Jones insists on signing T.O.

I'll respect the hell out of him, if he does.

Here's the current list of to be fired or retiring (from rumors and credible sources):
KC - Dick Vermeil - announced retirement to team last night
DAL - Bill Parcells - toying with retirement
BAL - Brian Billick - firing, nothing concrete though
DET - already fired Mooch
GB - Mike Sherman - possible, but still up in the air. A lot of the problems this year were injury related.
HOU - Dom Capers - Will be fired tomorrow
MIN - Mike Tice - Will be fired tomorrow
NO - Jim Haslett - Will quit if he doesn't get a contract extension. I don't think he'll be fired, but I'm not sure he'll get a extension.
NYJ - Herman Edwards - Won't be fired and has several years on his contract. He's underpaid, so I think you'll see him in KC next year.
OAK - Norv Turner - Likely to be fired
STL - Mike Martz - To be fired tomorrow
TEN - Jeff Fisher - Safe

Well technically, not officially, Martz was already outed weeks ago, and Capers supposedly was already told today. So are we going on what team gets to which press conference first?

I don't think Tice will be fired if the Vikes win. His lovable ineptness draws attention from the sex scandal.

Tice has turned that team around...without moss or culpepper...and he's gotten semi-votes of confidence all season...if they didn't fire him yet, why would they do it now...

Didn't really need a poll, but it's fine...

BTW, it was a german suplex, not a pile driver...And the idiot went to court and pleaded guilty...the judge says something like "you understand what you're doing" and the guy changed it to not-guilty...all in the span of about 10 seconds...He was nice enough to take out his eyebrow piercing for the court appearance though...left two dumbass looking black holes next to his eye...

Last edited:
Well Wilf is trying to get a stadium (or get to the LA market) so needs to clean house or appear to be cleaning. They would wait to end of season so they don't create any further distractions or news. Now they can begin to see who might become available. I would give him another chance, injuries and "Sex Boat" are out of his control.

Like there's going to be someone better than Tice Available? Guy isn't that bad of a coach...he's an idiot, but he needs someone to help him with the draft...someone with a watch...

CPanther95 said:
I'm more interested to see if Parcells walks if Jerry Jones insists on signing T.O.
I'll respect the hell out of him, if he does.

PANTHER,
forgot about that one, T.O. has no use on , in, or around an NFL team. parcells is a class act, jones wont ram that egotistical big mouth down his throat. PARCELLS would find a coaching job in a heartbeat. T.O. and plaxico burress ought to start a mutual adniration society. old plex started that same crap here, it was hushed up, the skinny is bettis, hampton and faneca took care of business in the locker room. all of a sudden plex is gone........see ya!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts