FIRST LOOK: 622 Review!

Scott,

Do you think that, if you did have a USB hard drive, you would have success *now* if you hooked it up?

Scott, does the 622 have the same pain in the ass way for turning on or off close captions like the 942?

That is one thing I hate about the 942, there are far too many submenus to get to just to turn it on and off.

Scott Greczkowski said:
As my thanks to the supporting pub members I am making this review available to Pub Members until Sunday afternoon where I will make it public to all. :)

Thank you guys for your support, we really do appreciate it!

Thanks Scott, great info & pics to boot! When its ready for public viewing...I'd love to give a link on S&V forum's pinned thread about DISH!

Barney

cebbigh said:
Have they said yet what the charges are for viewing the "on demand"?

For the movies they have listed so far which are...

Eddit Murphy in "The Nutty Professor"
"The Constant Gardener
Notting Hill
Blue Crush

The cost to view them is $4.99 - For the movies to be downloaded your receiver must be in standby mode which to me seems silly it should automatically use the second tuner when its not use.

I think $4.99 for movies this old is not worth it, these should be 99 cent movies if not free. If Dish wants people to use their VOD service they need to hook them by showing how great it is and make some FREE movies available.

Endorphin said:
Scott,

Do you think that, if you did have a USB hard drive, you would have success *now* if you hooked it up?

I don't know, hopefully this is something they talk about on the tech chat on Monday Night.

angiodan said:
Scott, does the 622 have the same pain in the ass way for turning on or off close captions like the 942?

That is one thing I hate about the 942, there are far too many submenus to get to just to turn it on and off.
Same layout as the 942.

One thing I should point out is after you have had the 622 for awhile you almost forget you have a 622, for all the design changes they did inside the unit if you are a 942 owner the 622 will feel like home to you almost instantly. This a remarkable thing.

As I said before this is what the 942 should have been. :)

BTW the interactive Olympics News and Sports program does not run on the 622, so you can't use your 622 to check the medal counts and other Olympics news.. (Although the Olympic Mosiac works great, however not much Olympics in the Mosaic)

Can you verify if it will output anamorphic video out of the "S" output? I read that the 942 could output it through the composite out.

I have the 921 which I am going to keep. The 622 should arrive any day now and be installed on the 28th. I did all of my own install on the 921 two years ago. I bought two Dish Pro34 Switches and did all of the coax from them to the rooms in the house. The dishes had previously been installed.

I am going to have to show a lot of will power if it is delivered to the house in the next few days and the installer does not come until the 28th. The two coax leads will be there because the 921 was there. Its would be easy for me to hook it up.

Nice Review...

Now...only 47 days, 14 hours till the April Fools Rebate. :(

It does seem rather cheap of E* (imagine that) to not include HDMI or at least Component cables with their new "flagship" 622 receiver, even though they DID include them in the lesser expensive 211/411! :rolleyes: Imagine how many HD newbies will buy this receiver, and just hook it up using that included composite cable, not knowing any better.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts