FIRST LOOK: Dish ViP722 Receiver!

Little difference

I see so little difference between the 2 why would I want to change to it. As far as an ATSC mod output that will have to be done to be compatible with non NTSC TV's that will be out after the shut off date. I was hoping to see a unit that had 2 HD outputs as well as well as 2 OTA tuners.

"...what's going to happen once Manufacturers stop putting NTSC tuners in sets..."

"...As far as an ATSC mod output that will have to be done to be compatible with non NTSC TV's that will be out after the shut off date...."

There are no plans for manufacturers to stop including NTSC tuners in their sets. Analog cable will be with us for many years to come. Plus, there are other reasons to continue including NTSC tuners, and little to be gained by dropping them.

BTW, I made a typo in an earlier post. The digital conversion date is February 17, 2009.

I doubt that powerline network that dishis building-in to its receivers is going to be fast enough to allow the transfer of recorded content over a powerline network without considerable lag (maybe 5-10 minutes before you can really start to watch a show on a remote box and have enohbuffered to be able to skip commericials).

I don't know about that one. I work for a BPL company, and we run up to and over 85Mbps over in house powerlines. If dish really wanted to make it work, it would.

I don't know about that one. I work for a BPL company, and we run up to and over 85Mbps over in house powerlines. If dish really wanted to make it work, it would.

Provided they knew how to make it work. Which, judging from some of their past techinical mis-adventures, could be a problem :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts