Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Imagine my excitement when I got a note from Estefano from FyreTV letting me know that the DHL man just dropped me off a box at home. I couldn't wait to get home and open it up!

When I got home sitting on my counter was a box used to ship envelopes, I knew I was getting an Alpha unit, but I expcted to get it in a better box then the one that it came in.

Like a kid in a candy store I tore into the tape of the envelope box and ripped off the well taped cover. What I saw inside surprised me.

A VERY nicely packaged FyreTV box, this box was a classy glossy black box with the FyreTV logo imprinted on itm under the logo were the words "The Hottest BoXXX You'll Ever Experiance" on the side of the box was a description of the FyreTV service and easy installation instructions.

Inside the slipcover was another black box, I slid the box out of the fancy slipcover and popped open the cover of the main box, inside it I saw the FyreTV IPTV Box, a white box, the remote and cables.

I quickly snapped some pictures then opened things up, the box included:

- The FyreTV IPTV set top receiver
- The FyreTV Remote Control
- 2 AAA Batteries
- Power Adapter
- HDMI Cable
- A/V Cables

I was surprised there was no user manual in the box, but this is an Alpha unit so perhaps the user manual is not done yet (or quite possibly you don't need one)

In the last two pictures you will notice I did a side by side with the FyreTV IPTV Box and the ITVN / XTV Box. The ITVN Box is about a quarter inch bigger then the FyreTV box and does not feature some of the hookups like HDMI like the FyreTV box does.

Over the next 24 hours I will be hooking up the unit and putting it through its paces. Be sure to look for my review coming soon here to SatelliteGuys!

*** Note the FyreTV service is a XXX Adult service, because of this there will be two reviews here on SatelliteGuys, one that gives the general technical review safe for all members and a more explict review which we will post in our "Back Room" forum.

This Back Room forum is only available to supporting pub members. If you would like to access this forum and are not a supporter then please CLICK HERE for more details besides getting access to this private adults only forum, you will also get access to our pub, plus access to many more features plus elimination of over 95% of all the advertising shown. Your support helps us keep the lights on hereat SatelliteGuys.US! Thank you for your support! ***

I will not take questions about FyreTV until after I run it through its paces once I post my initial review, I will be happy to take questions and try different things with the box.

Again thanks for your support! Thank you to Estefano of FyreTV for giving SatelliteGuys.US the first look at FyreTV!!

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 859
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 701
  • boxside.jpg
    boxside.jpg
    591.4 KB · Views: 907
  • boxopen.jpg
    boxopen.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 646
  • firetvgroup.jpg
    firetvgroup.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 796
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 657
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 1,038
  • bottomsticker.jpg
    bottomsticker.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 747
  • remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 545
  • fyretv_itvn1.jpg
    fyretv_itvn1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 958
  • fyretv_itvn2.jpg
    fyretv_itvn2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,036
Very cool looking box. Small but with full HDMI output! Will be neat to see if the service can do anything in a HD type quality given it is IPTV and needs bandwith.

I have the ITVN and it is a fair quality SD at best.

$10/mo but I also read that it is also pay per use. I signed up for the beta program a few weeks ago. I got this email last week after I asked when the boxes are expected to ship: "The delay was due to our merchant account integration but I am happy to let you know that we are in the final stages of completion and your FyreTV Boxxxes are here waiting for you. Don’t be disappointed! The Great News is that the FyreTV Boxxxes will begin shipping on February 4th just in time for Valentine’s Day"

I know if i had received this box with the capabilities it has, it might take me longer to post a review than a couple of days...You know, I would want to thoroughly, and I mean thoroughly exploit it all out before making any pre-mature ejac.....errrrrr.....reviews

Satelliteguys are the first!

I must admit I got very excited reading this review... SatelliteGuys are the FIRST guys to get a box from us that dont directly work with the company.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Just got it hooked up a few minutes ago.

I got to say I am AMAZED at how good the picture quality looks! This PQ blows away anything that XTV / ITVN offered. Rich colors, and great sound.

Stay Tuned!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts