Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today has been a day I have been waiting for, for a long... long time.

My Logitech Revue, GoogleTV box has arrived from DISH Network! It just arrived a few minutes ago so I can't wait to get home and play with it! Full Review of the Revue is coming soon here to SatelliteGuys.US!

The box is a lot smaller then I expected and the keyboard is REALLY cool.

The box contained the following items:

* Welcome envelope which contained 16 page Logitech Setup Guide and a Important Information book on Safety, Compliance and Warranty.
* Logitech Keyboard (Model K700) for the Logitech Revue (with 2 AA Batteries Pre-installed)
* Logitech Review Box
* Logitech IR Blaster
* HDMI Cable
* Power Cord
* External Power Adapter

The ports on the back of the Logitech Revue from left to right are as follows -
* Pair / Reset Button - Which is used to pair the Keyboard Controller or to Reset the unit to factory default settings.
* HDMI IN jack - this is where you plug your DISH Network receiver (or other compatible receiver)
* 2 IR Blaster ports - used to control you receiver
* 2 USB ports - for hooking up other devices such as the Logitech TV Cam.
* Ethernet Port - for a hard wired connection to your network.
* HDMI OUT port - For connecting your Logitech Revue to your TV or AV Receiver
* SPDIF - Digital audio output to your audio receiver.
* Power Connector - This is where you plus in the power adapter.

Our thanks to DISH Network and Logitech for the Logitech Revue box!

The little booklet they give you with it says this on the back...

"Before you dive in, take a moment to think about how you've watched TV until today. And say good bye forever."

I have a feeling GoogleTV is about the change the way we watch TV like the way the DVR changed how you watch TV. I am excited!

Look for our full review of the Revue soon here at SatelliteGuys.US!

Attachments

• DSC_0154.JPG
    DSC_0154.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 675
  • DSC_0151.JPG
    DSC_0151.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 612
  • DSC_0149.JPG
    DSC_0149.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 586
  • DSC_0143.JPG
    DSC_0143.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC_0142.JPG
    DSC_0142.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC_0138.JPG
    DSC_0138.JPG
    187.6 KB · Views: 673
  • DSC_0134.JPG
    DSC_0134.JPG
    402.6 KB · Views: 796
  • DSC_0130.JPG
    DSC_0130.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 671
  • DSC_0129.JPG
    DSC_0129.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 638
  • DSC_0127.JPG
    DSC_0127.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 865
  • 1DSC_0177.jpg
    1DSC_0177.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 743
  • 1DSC_0172.jpg
    1DSC_0172.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 911
  • GoogleTV sheet_FINAL.PDF
    945.5 KB · Views: 667
Last edited:
I haven't test it but but my guess is sure it will, it just won't control the 922 like it can to the other receivers.

It will work with a 922 but it won't do all the things with a 922 that it will with the 622/722/722K. It will just be a super duper Playon if you will :) Dish still requires a 622/722/722K for you to get it for $179. Glad I have a 622 still.

I called after I read Scott's post about having it in hand. I was told, again,
Dish is not taking orders yet. I'm still puzzled as to how some folks were able to pre-order.

Scott G.,
Can you try getting this thing to work as a universal remote for your devices that aren't connected to the 1 HDMI remote?

Game consoles, other Dish DVR's, HDMI switch, what ever else you have.

thanks for all the hard work,
-Scott Baker

Scott,

What types of video files can be played by the Revue Media Player or Google TV from a networked computer? I have an app for the PS3 that allows me to stream .mkv, divx, xvid, mpeg2 and mpeg4 files from my computer. I would like to be able to do the same to my other HDTV with the Logitech Revue, which sounds very attractive and I am probably going to get through Dish.

Scott,

What types of video files can be played by the Revue Media Player or Google TV from a networked computer? I have an app for the PS3 that allows me to stream .mkv, divx, xvid, mpeg2 and mpeg4 files from my computer. I would like to be able to do the same to my other HDTV with the Logitech Revue, which sounds very attractive and I am probably going to get through Dish.

It should be able to play all of these, they boasted MKV support at the last public thing, I'm curious how they get there. Can you setup shared drives/devices and then will those media files appear in searches?

Scott G.,
Can you try getting this thing to work as a universal remote for your devices that aren't connected to the 1 HDMI remote?

Game consoles, other Dish DVR's, HDMI switch, what ever else you have.
There was no way to do this that I saw. It can control your satellite box (or cable box), TV and your AV Receiver, but nothing else.

Scott,

This is a hard one to answer, I don't have any .divx, xvid files to test with. I tried mkv files and most it would not play (the HD ones) and the SD ones I had it would play the audio but I got a black screen.

I didn't have any problem with MP4 videos (even in HD) or AVI files that I had laying around. Today I will need to find and download some other formats such as divx, xvid and try it with them.

But on the media selection screen it says the the software I have on my box is still beta and not all announced media types work yet.

I do wish that it supported .iso files as I ripped all my DVD's and Blurays to ISO format this way I didn't lose any PQ or the menus and extras on the discs. Does anyone know of a program that can convert .iso to .mkv without losing too much of the PQ?

It will work with a 922 but it won't do all the things with a 922 that it will with the 622/722/722K. It will just be a super duper Playon if you will :) Dish still requires a 622/722/722K for you to get it for $179. Glad I have a 622 still.

I called after I read Scott's post about having it in hand. I was told, again,
Dish is not taking orders yet. I'm still puzzled as to how some folks were able to pre-order.

Dish never took pre-orders - I think a few of us accidentally backed into it (a big giant assumption that they honor it). I called soon after it was announced and the CSR actually billed my credit card and told me it would be shipping out. Just as we were nearing completion she must have discovered they the boxes were not yet available. Because they took my money, I got a call later from someone apologizing and told me they would ship one out when they were ready - he indicated possibly the 21st but couldn't commit. He did say I should get an email notification when it ships or one if there is an issue. I think similar circumstances may have happened to other people as well. I haven't heard anything further - fingers crossed that I get a good news email tomorrow.

Scott, are you able to get 5.1 audio from your Dish DVR to pass through the Revue to your receiver? The Sony GTV BD player is down mixing everything to 2 channel audio from the cable/sat box according to reports from folks on AVS (many have decided to return the Sony device because of it)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts