FIRST LOOK - Logitech Revue GoogleTV Device

Very cool product....$300.00 for us non Dish Customers, but the future for this product seem endless :) may have to look into getting one!!

From Scott:

Thats why they put the TOSLINK on the back Bob. :)

You hook your satellite receiver to the Revue by HDMI and then HDMI from your Revue to your TV. You can then run a digital audio cable to your AV system and your all set. :)

Sorry, I missed that...... Just saw all the write ups saying that HDMI was required and I made an assumption. My bad.

Thanks for the clarification.

Thats why they put the TOSLINK on the back Bob. :)

You hook your satellite receiver to the Revue by HDMI and then HDMI from your Revue to your TV. You can then run a digital audio cable to your AV system and your all set. :)

Optical, TOSLink, SPDif.... How many names are they gonna up with for one port? I skimmed through the first post and blew right by SPDif... Oh well....

Sorry, slightly technically challenged here. Is it HDMI from Dish box to HDMI in Logitech box, HDMI out from Logitech box to A/V receiver, A/V receiver HDMI to TV?
Will this still provide 5.1 sound?
Thanks, appreciate any help.

The thing with non-GoogleTV devices is it's a single input solution. You feed the GoogleTV box and it feeds your TV. Boxee and AppleTV would both be on another source. One of the bigger benefits IMO of this device.

Scott, of the files you did try and play, were you able to setup an external network source or something and then able to find those files via search? Or did you have to just go navigate a file structure and pick them out to play?

There was no way to do this that I saw. It can control your satellite box (or cable box), TV and your AV Receiver, but nothing else.

oh well. I was hoping this would allow you to control everything with the keyboard, harmony remote, iPhone, or android phone. that would have almost made it worth it. I guess they didn't want to risk possibly cutting into harmony sales.

I'm no longer interested. Back to my 922:)

oh well. I was hoping this would allow you to control everything with the keyboard, harmony remote, iPhone, or android phone. that would have almost made it worth it. I guess they didn't want to risk possibly cutting into harmony sales.

I'm no longer interested. Back to my 922:)

scottbakertemp,
I believe that a Harmony Remote will control this unit along with everything else:
"Once again, we step into Logitech’s superior realm when we touch upon the topic of control. Considering the fact that I’ve been singing its praises this entire article it seems, it probably won’t surprise you to find that we are speaking of the Harmony system. As I mentioned before, the brains of the well-known remote control system by Logitech have been placed inside the Revue and truly open up the world when it comes to controlling your environment. You are not restricted to controlling merely your new Revue and the TV, but realistically you can control a larger portion of the systems within your home, including your lighting. Also, because Harmony is the control system integrated with the Revue, remember that you’ll be able to use the new apps designed for iPhone and Android on your Smartphone to control any of these devices.
Now that’s control via integration!" Home Technology eMagazine Article, Contibuting Author: Tom Abell HomeToys eMagazine Article - Logitech Revue vs. Netgear Roku

If I understood what you were asking.

Ghpr13:)

Eh why not, it'll be here Friday.

My setup:

DirecTV HR24, Denon Receiver, Samsung 47"

Still eager to find out how it views files on the network if at all Scott? Are network/usb devices exposed to the search or do you browse the files?

OT: Now that you've upgraded, that allow blogs to be turned back on?

Yet another fee added... :rolleyes:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/googletv/images/googletv-08.jpg
$4/mo DVR Integration Fee

googletv-08.jpg

At least this fee gives you something. If it were $2, I would buy one of these. $4 is over the threshold, as I told them in the email survey.
I could understand someone deciding to not get this unit because of the fee, but in your case you're willing to spend 50¢ per week, but not an additional 50¢?? :confused: