First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

Works on 508 and 625. But says try later for Vip211. Radar and forcasts are available, but no current conditions yet. May be because my town is too small to have live conditions reported 24/7.

The way to acces the feature is not obvious. On dish 100, select 2 (news) then 1 (weather channel)--not 2 (instant weather).
Eventually it will appear on channel 214 and will popup a message and allow you to enter your zip code. Problem is, I'll bet most people on satellite don't use The Weather Channel very much because it's not "local" weather.

By the way, it shows up on channel 100 for me, but when I access it, it tells me something like "this feature isn't available yet on your receiver" and to check later or something....

It does work with the 411 I get error 305 that this feature is unviable on this receiver. Then is says check back periodically to see if this new feature is available. So it should work with 411 is what Dish told me through E-mail that they passed it on to their tech support. They told me is should work with most receivers exception of the 311.

Dang Dish E-mail support Rocks! Now they wanted my Tel # so they could call to get it fixed. Will let folks know how it turns out..

Yeah they said that they would have someone call me in the next day or so but by then it could be up and running. Will let everyone know how things turn out.

I have twc on channel 100 on my 301 and 510 but it says not available.Does this mean I will have to wait till the other 75% are hit?

By the way, it shows up on channel 100 for me, but when I access it, it tells me something like "this feature isn't available yet on your receiver" and to check later or something....

thats what is says on my 625 , w.ky

Any reciver that can get Dish Home Interactive (Channel 100) will get this.

Ok new subscriber here. How do I know if I can get that channel? I have not been installed yet. Supposed to come today. Well actually 2 days ago but they never showed and I had to call and reschedule.

Anyway....I have the Top 180 package. Do I get that channel?

Thanks

rdinkel- thank you. I had not tried that, I'd looked under #1/services. I was just waiting for that top right selection box to rotate around to weather. Maybe it will be quick enough now to be useful. But the best option would be for it to be on 214- obvious and quicker.

mahaffey- Yes, you get channel 214, The Weather Channel. How soon your particular box will pick up the interactive locals is up in the air. I assume you're not getting a 311.

Works on 508 and 625. But says try later for Vip211. Radar and forcasts are available, but no current conditions yet. May be because my town is too small to have live conditions reported 24/7.

Still not showing up on Vip211. However, I now am able to get the current conditions for my town on the other two receivers.

622 backhaul question

Homeowners Association on the Warpath - Advice Please!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts