First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

It is NOT on ly 625 or 622 DVR. Menu item #5 just says not avl yet check back later.

Did they have to back out of this change or are they rolling it out be Serial number or something?

...since they are now hyping it in the media, here's proof, and if it isn't there, people WILL call dish network and complain about it.
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6389697.html
Multichannel News ?? How many mainstream people read that ?? Hell, I only read it when someone links to the site ! It's not exactly CNN or MSNBC.... Trust me, I don't foresee Dish's call centers being inundated with calls from people who read about this from Multichannel News.

They must still be working on it because this morning it had Twc under news and it was number 1 with instant being 2.Instant is now number 1 and it says Twc weather instead of Twc and it's moved to number 5.Anyone else noticed this.Also my father says he is getting it on his 301.He says the reginal radar works but when he clicks on Fortcast nothing happens.

ya my 625 in w. ky was the same way

Just wanted to check in from the Philly 'burbs. I've got the Channel 100 version working on my 811, but it still shows not available on the 625. I thought that it was kind of strange, but I guess it proves they're rolling it out by receiver, and not necessarily by region.

I have a 622 and on Wednesday on channel 100 it was shown there but not yet working and then Thursday it was gone. Anybody else have this happen?

What do we do to see if we have it? I have gone to channel 100 but I don't know what to do from there. I was just installed yesterday so I have no clue what most of the words in this forum mean...:eek:

Go to 100, pick "News" from the bottom, then pick weather. Screen may go black for a few seconds, but it will show up, possibly asking location information first.

I have it on my 508, 721 & ViP622. It's really quite good, but takes too long to call up. When they have it so I can just tune to 214, or tune to 214 and press one button, it will be VERY useful.

I went to my fathers house to see how it looked.I like it it looks great and works flawlessly on his 301.It loads up to your zipcode pretty fast however when you try to go to another location it is slow.It took at least a minute to change cities vs a couple of seconds loading when you first get on.The temperature as they said does update every 15 seconds.I still wish they would get 214 up and tell us when all receivers will have this feature.

I tried this morning and I can access it from ch. 100 on my 211. Is there suppose to be a "radar " feature available ? I could not find it. The 5 tabs on the top of the screen were listed as Forecast, Current, Favorites, City Finder, and DISH Home.

Also I had to input my city, DISH did not find it automatically.

so are there going to start rolling this out hourly,daily,weekly,monthly, are have they stopped untill they see if there is any complaints?

Go to 100, pick "News" from the bottom, then pick weather. Screen may go black for a few seconds, but it will show up, possibly asking location information first.

I have it on my 508, 721 & ViP622. It's really quite good, but takes too long to call up. When they have it so I can just tune to 214, or tune to 214 and press one button, it will be VERY useful.
"The feature you are trying to access is currently unavailable. Please check back periodically to see if it becomes available."

I tried this morning and I can access it from ch. 100 on my 211. Is there suppose to be a "radar " feature available ? I could not find it. The 5 tabs on the top of the screen were listed as Forecast, Current, Favorites, City Finder, and DISH Home.

Also I had to input my city, DISH did not find it automatically.

It sounds like you went to the instant weather one.TWC weather has the radar.

Nope, I got the same "check back later" on my 622, my 510, and my 2 508s.. TWC Weather listed as an option on channel 100 after clicking the NEWS tab, but just has the maybe later message....

They moved it from option 1 to option 5 now on the "News". Yes there is a "Radar" feature when your bring it up you will need to scroll over to "Radar".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)