First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

This isn't it.Appartly all receivers don't have interactive twc weather one example being the 311s.Once they all have it local on the 8's will be activated I'm guessing.

Months?I was hoping local on the 8's would be availabe before the next Charlie Chat in December.

Trigger....

Additionally, a "trigger" feature is currently in development. Set to launch in the next few months, this trigger technology will allow satellite viewers to see their local weather during the network's "Local on the 8s" every 10 minutes. Select weather alerts will be displayed during "Local on the 8s" when in effect for the area.

I am telling you the trigger is going to be a "select" in the bottom corner of the screen which will bring you to your local weather which we are seeing now on dish interactive. This will happen every ten minutes on the "8's" so you can call it local on the eights or you can call it what we have now with a trigger, your choice:)

This is the same trigger that they use during Starz Super Pack commercials et all.

I have not read anything, anywhere that would even hint at the fact that we would be getting anything like the cable version of the weather. Why would they waste their time creating the version we have now if there was actually another secret version that you could only see every ten minutes hiding in the wings?

I think we have all been had. Get your hopes down right now just so you don't have to risk getting them smashed over the coming months......

I am telling you the trigger is going to be a "select" in the bottom corner of the screen which will bring you to your local weather which we are seeing now on dish interactive. This will happen every ten minutes on the "8's" so you can call it local on the eights or you can call it what we have now with a trigger, your choice:)

This is the same trigger that they use during Starz Super Pack commercials et all.

I have not read anything, anywhere that would even hint at the fact that we would be getting anything like the cable version of the weather. Why would they waste their time creating the version we have now if there was actually another secret version that you could only see every ten minutes hiding in the wings?

I think we have all been had. Get your hopes down right now just so you don't have to risk getting them smashed over the coming months......

great, that's what i think too. why would they release it in 2 phases? i think what we see will the only thing we get and it really sucks imo.

After all these years with the original interactive weather that we had, I don't understand all the people that are still complaining.. This new system is a vast improvement over the old system. The weather on the 8's feature on cable is not anything that I ever really cared about anyway. I want to know what the weather is now.. Not have to wait 10 minutes for it.. If you are really waiting on this to be just like cable, then my suggestion is to get cable.. This is satellite. Do you want your picture quality to be just like cable too?? I don't see why there are so many unhappy people here.. I love my Dish. And I wouldn't have cable no matter what fancy features they think they can provide. It would still be the same crappy cable.

Yeah I agree, it's not like weather on the 8s isn't provided in the overlay (for your city) anyway, this feature already is better than the old system (and the weather app on most digital cable boxes), it'll just get better when they add Lot8s :)

After all these years with the original interactive weather that we had, I don't understand all the people that are still complaining.. This new system is a vast improvement over the old system. The weather on the 8's feature on cable is not anything that I ever really cared about anyway. I want to know what the weather is now.. Not have to wait 10 minutes for it.. If you are really waiting on this to be just like cable, then my suggestion is to get cable.. This is satellite. Do you want your picture quality to be just like cable too?? I don't see why there are so many unhappy people here.. I love my Dish. And I wouldn't have cable no matter what fancy features they think they can provide. It would still be the same crappy cable.

live LOCAL radar is what most people want including me!!!

Some people want to be able to access this from the television without having to go to their computer to get it.

I'd like to get accurate weather from my television including a true "local" radar rather then stumble over to my laptop and pull up NOAA ........

I'm happy with the new twc interactive weather on 100.It's still much better then the accuweather one.At least I can view the radar for my area now the other weather one doesn't have it and also when looking at current conditions on accuweather at Midnight if it's clear they have a sunshine symbol where as with twc they have the moon and no sound on the accuweather where the weather channel is in the background.I still can't wait for local on the 8's thou.It will come eventually.

Does everyone have this feature now except for us with 311s? I see that a new software version for the 311s was released on Tuesday. Maybe this is the software we need to get it on our 311s.

I checked last night and my 211 has this feature. It's a nice little feature but I am not getting all that excited about it. I wish DISH would roll out the Regional Sports Networks

Sorry,, I have gone through this thread from top to bottom and still cannot understand how to tell if you have it. I went to channel 100 then chose TWC and clicked on it. It is still showing the same old weather channel.

We had our phone line hooked up yesterday, but I don't know if that has anything to do with whether we will get this or not.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)