First NHL 4K Hockey Game on DirecTv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ryanogorman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Just a heads up that the first NHL game in 4k will be December 14th Pittsburgh at Vegas Knights

I am not too sure if this has been made public yet but I have a very very good source of this information.

I am guessing we should se something about this soon.

That is an NHL Network game so it makes sense. Hope it's true.

I am the A1 (Audio Mixer) in the television production truck for AT&T Sports Network.

Today I got an email from the crewer for Vegas Golden Knights saying that Directv/AT&T came to them about broadcasting the game in 4k.

We will me using Mobile TV Group 33HDX 4K production truck. For me in Audio there is nothing special for the 4k broadcast.

It would make sense that Directv/AT&T would pick this game because both teams broadcast the games on AT&T Sports Network and they have there hands in both broadcast rights

While that makes some sense as well, those are regional broadcasts. With national coverage there's a lot less red tape to cut through.

All of the DTV 4K broadcasts are national already.

I am the A1 (Audio Mixer) in the television production truck for AT&T Sports Network.

Today I got an email from the crewer for Vegas Golden Knights saying that Directv/AT&T came to them about broadcasting the game in 4k.

We will me using Mobile TV Group 33HDX 4K production truck. For me in Audio there is nothing special for the 4k broadcast.

It would make sense that Directv/AT&T would pick this game because both teams broadcast the games on AT&T Sports Network and they have there hands in both broadcast rights
I hope you don’t get trouble for posting this information.

Reactions: goaliebob99
Just a heads up that the first NHL game in 4k will be December 14th Pittsburgh at Vegas Knights

I am not too sure if this has been made public yet but I have a very very good source of this information.

I am guessing we should se something about this soon.
It will likely be blacked out for viewers in Vegas and Pittsburgh. I expect that the same blackout policy will be in effect as with the NBA 4K games.

It will likely be blacked out for viewers in Vegas and Pittsburgh. I expect that the same blackout policy will be in effect as with the NBA 4K games.

This was the policy for MLB, you are probably right. Do these games just come with the regular package, like if NHL Network is in your package, you get the 4K too or do you need the NHL CI for this type of event?

Unfortunately I downgraded my package from Xtra last week. It was needed for NHL 4k.

AT&T to Launch First 4K High Dynamic Range Live Broadcast

What the article doesn't mention is that the HDR is HLG, not HDR10 or Dolby Vision. So the true HDR experience will only be available to those with 4K displays that support HLG. LG and Sony do; not sure what others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)