First problem with PTAT

Seriously doubt that we get more than the big 4 on AutoHop. Just glad it is now 24 hour and not only PT. It seems to involve some manual work. Now if it were automatic as a DVD recorder I have/had was, then it would be possible on any channel. It must have keyed on something in the stream. Wonder what. (Not totally reliable.)
-Ken

Seriously doubt that we get more than the big 4 on AutoHop. Just glad it is now 24 hour and not only PT. It seems to involve some manual work. Now if it were automatic as a DVD recorder I have/had was, then it would be possible on any channel. It must have keyed on something in the stream. Wonder what. (Not totally reliable.)
-Ken

Now if only they'd enable AutoHop withPTAT being disabled. I just enable PTAT for the duration of whatever show I'm watching, then disable when I'm done. Never use PTAT.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I thought the AutoHop and nitely updates were completed at the same time. This morning I had last nite's AutoHop already loaded on two Hoppers but the nitely updates haven't been done yet.

Last edited:
Now if only they'd enable AutoHop withPTAT being disabled. I just enable PTAT for the duration of whatever show I'm watching, then disable when I'm done. Never use PTAT.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

I've been getting autohop on the Amazing Race every Monday and I have PTAT disabled for Saturday and Sunday. I haven't tired it on any other day.

I've been getting autohop on the Amazing Race every Monday and I have PTAT disabled for Saturday and Sunday. I haven't tired it on any other day.

I will run a test tonite on my Hopper that has PTAT completely disabled. I will select several prime time programs to record and see if AutoHop is there in the morning and post back here the results.

-Ken

I wish they would include the CW.

I'd rather they enable the PBS stations we have but that would be too many for PTAT. Maybe even 5th, say CW, would be too many. What is the inherent or processor limit on same-transponder channels? Need to check which share the TP.
-Ken

I will run a test tonite on my Hopper that has PTAT completely disabled. I will select several prime time programs to record and see if AutoHop is there in the morning and post back here the results.

Results for Hopper test is AutoHop was not there this morning. Tested four timers that were set for four prime time programs last nite on a Hopper with PTAT completely disabled. On two other Hopprs with PTAT enabled all AutoHops are there this morning. If there are any Hopper / Joey cofigurations anyone would like for me to test please let me know. Will be more than happy to try it out if I can.

It looks like to have AutoHop, you must enable PTAT. Using 2-day retain minimizes PTAT lock-up for EHD transfer.
If you choose 1 day and 1 channel on a day and channel you are not interested in will avoid that lock-up and still have AutoHop. That's what I'm going to do.

-Ken

Took 2 post as SatGuys "went away" and now a 3rd post to say this. -K

It looks like to have AutoHop, you must enable PTAT. Using 2-day retain minimizes PTAT lock-up for EHD transfer.
If you choose 1 day and 1 channel on a day and channel you are not interested in will avoid that lock-up and still have AutoHop. That's what I'm going to do.

-Ken

Took 2 post as SatGuys "went away" and now a 3rd post to say this. -K

What is this PTAT lock-up issue you are having?

When you have PTAT used to record a program, that program cannot be transferred to the External Hard Drive until the "retain" time has expired, default 8 days. You can lower it to 2 days. Only if you record it on a non-PTAT day or a non-PTAT channel of the big 4 can you transfer it right away, i.e., after it is recorded. It is "locked-up" until the PTAT save has expired. You may want to set protect on it to avoid it being deleted before you can move it. My Hopper 2000 typically is only 20% full because I move the shows out to EHD right away. I'm recording a lot (26 or so) of current series (almost all over 8.0 on IMDb) but will never get to most. I will decide at the end of season which to watch based of ratings and desires. It does mean you need to use that many timers from the max of 96 in addition to what ever else you want, say on a daily basis. Some may be recording shows out of PT and you may be catching up with other timers. The episode sort sure helps remove the duplicates. I have a 2TB drive dedicated to those shows but even that is not enough. There are 10 to 200 episode each.

-Ken

When you have PTAT used to record a program, that program cannot be transferred to the External Hard Drive until the "retain" time has expired, default 8 days. You can lower it to 2 days. Only if you record it on a non-PTAT day or a non-PTAT channel of the big 4 can you transfer it right away, i.e., after it is recorded. It is "locked-up" until the PTAT save has expired. You may want to set protect on it to avoid it being deleted before you can move it. My Hopper 2000 typically is only 20% full because I move the shows out to EHD right away. I'm recording a lot (26 or so) of current series (almost all over 8.0 on IMDb) but will never get to most. I will decide at the end of season which to watch based of ratings and desires. It does mean you need to use that many timers from the max of 96 in addition to what ever else you want, say on a daily basis. Some may be recording shows out of PT and you may be catching up with other timers. The episode sort sure helps remove the duplicates. I have a 2TB drive dedicated to those shows but even that is not enough. There are 10 to 200 episode each.

-Ken

OK, got it, understand now. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)