First Strike Meter FS-1 satellite list loading

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
I found my old FS1 and it still works fine however having difficulties loading a satellite list with the software app FS1 Toolbox Ver3.1K. I'm assuming my meter is "K" version as there is a K in the serial number. Driver installed and device is recognized inside Windows. Software runs , appears to be loading satellite and shows, "Download finished successfully" upon completion however after turning device back on the loaded satellite list isn't there.

From the FS1 Toolbox manual:
"IMPORTANT: After loading the meter you must "Restore factory settings".
To do this, immediately after the meter powers on type in "9876". The meter will reset and
turn off. Turn on the meter and the new data should now show correctly."

I've tried this and all it does is a complete factory reset (as expected) and even wipes out the Lat/Long settings. Why would a factory reset result in saving data after programming?

I'm sort of out of idea so any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited:
After a couple of hours of screwing around I managed to get the loaded satellite list to appears after re-entering my latitude/longitude. weird.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Glad you got it going. I never really messed with those meters, nor do I have one, or I would have offered help.

Thanks for the note. I really like the meter and despite lacking some features, its still works fine. Wish they were still in business and made a new version as I'd buy one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)