GEOSATpro First Time Diseq Switch User

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stevemo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Canada
Hi guys,
I finally obtained a 4x1 diseq switch for my QPH31 style LNB. I hooked up the Receiver Port to my Stab HH90 and the LNB ports to my 4 LNB ports. I used all 4 since I didn't get any water caps... Anyway, I can't get a signal using this thing. I played with the diseq options and tried to re-scan but nothing. I figured it may be the weight of the thing taking me out of alignment but I bypassed it and everything is working as usual again.
Assuming I didn't get a bad one, what should I do to get a 10750 linear lnb to work from Port 2 of the switch?
Thank you, Steve

Select DiSEqC 1.0, Port 2 for any satellite that you wish to use the linear LO 10750 output.

Be sure that the receiver is powered off anytime a DiSEqC switch is put in-line. Failure to power off the receiver could result in damaging or killing the switch.

Hello, after all the LNB's are in place and have been pointed correctly. Is it possible to do a rescan with three dishes with the switch in place or do you have to rescan each sat one by one?
dmcpilot. In fort worth

You still have to scan each bird one at a time. Most receivers will let you do a muti-sat scan, but even then all that does is scan one then the next, then the next and so on. This way you don't have to manually tell it to scan 99. Then when done go tell it 101 etc. It still though does one bird at a time. It will say in my example scan in 99W then it will go to 101W and so go.

Thank you, I did not want to blow up my 8x1 - I have three all setup and adding a 4th later today and the 10 foot c band this weekend. I'll do a rescan and see what other new channels I can get. I hope this also helps someone else that has a disec switch. It was never clear that once the switch was setup that it was ok later on to do a rescan at their current positions to maybe update the sat list. Thank you again.

Just make sure that the microHD is unplugged before connecting or disconnecting a coax cable from a DiSEqC switch. DiSEqC switches are typically very sensitive to hot swaps and are easily damaged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)