First Timer to Satellite World

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikemcq02

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Good afternoon. I am in the process of going over from my local cable provider.

I guess I am trying to find out some basic things prior to me switching over. I want to make sure I do it right the first time. I have view a few of the topics in hopes to find some advice myself, I hope I do not ask too many obvious or stupid questions.

Here is a scenario of what I would like to do. I have four tv's I would like to get hooked up.

Main living room tv, downstairs big screen, bedroom and a kids tv room.

I would like to have HD on living room tv and the big screen for the big games. Did I read that you can have some sort of a switch that would you allow to rotate the tv's for HD? I would like that because most of the viewing is on the upstairs tv and the big screen is mostly for the sports only.

I would also like to have the DVR option for our living room tv to have DVR capabilities. Do they have a receiver that has both HD and DVR capabilities?

Any other advice for a first timer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I guess I am trying to find out some basic things prior to me switching over. I want to make sure I do it right the first time. I have view a few of the topics in hopes to find some advice myself, I hope I do not ask too many obvious or stupid questions.

Here is a scenario of what I would like to do. I have four tv's I would like to get hooked up.

I would like to have HD on living room tv and the big screen for the big games. Did I read that you can have some sort of a switch that would you allow to rotate the tv's for HD? I would like that because most of the viewing is on the upstairs tv and the big screen is mostly for the sports only.

I would also like to have the DVR option for our living room tv to have DVR capabilities. Do they have a receiver that has both HD and DVR capabilities?

Thanks in advance!

How many TVs are HD? What do you mean by a switch that will rotate the TV?

Right now, the big screen is HD-Ready. I am looking at purchasing a flat screen HD tv for the main living room, until then, could I get HD tv on my current tv which is not HD ready? Is there a converter?

As far as "a switch to rotate tv's", I was under the impression from another thread that there is some equipment that would allow one to alternate which tv you wanted to have in HD? The name of the equipment I read was "CSM42 Ultra Wideband Matrix Switcher", I could be WAY off.

Thanks for the help, I don't know jack about this! :confused:

DirecTV will be able to provide HD DVR and as many sets up to 10

Thanks in advance!

DirecTV will provide you as many sets as you want, up to 10. Yes they do have HD DVR's and SD DVR's. They will install the appropriate dish and cable as part of a standard install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)