First try at installation help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Edwin33 said:
I'm trying to set up a satellite dis for my dad to recieve Intelesat Americas 5 channels. It's an old dish, the reciever is a Prosat 7000S and the lnbf is a Mighty LK2D2.

Anyways, my first try has failed. I set up the dish at Az(m) of 130 degrees, and the post is pretty level, but I have no signal quality. There is signal strength but zero quality. I panned the dish slowly through probably a 45 degrees in each direction but nothing worked. Also, the lnbf doesn't look like the ones I've seen on these sites, it doesnt have that bend in it like I have seen. It's just a straight thing, so I don't know how to actually skew it. Can anybody help? I'm wondering if this is just a lost cause and the dish is just too old/bad.
Prosat7000S is a very old type receiver and response very slow, unless you know what to do or you has no idea how it work, I can't tell how it work now unless it is in front of me then my memory may come back. Mighty LNBF is a bullet type LNBF and I believe this brand still around and maybe use for OEM.

sksatellite said:
Prosat7000S is a very old type receiver and response very slow, unless you know what to do or you has no idea how it work, I can't tell how it work now unless it is in front of me then my memory may come back. Mighty LNBF is a bullet type LNBF and I believe this brand still around and maybe use for OEM.

Yea it's VERY slow which made setting it up very irritating. The set as a whole was just very old and hard to configure so I just ordered a new system and ditched this one (it was free anyways so no loss).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)