First try at installation help

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Edwin33 said:
I'm trying to set up a satellite dis for my dad to recieve Intelesat Americas 5 channels. It's an old dish, the reciever is a Prosat 7000S and the lnbf is a Mighty LK2D2.

Anyways, my first try has failed. I set up the dish at Az(m) of 130 degrees, and the post is pretty level, but I have no signal quality. There is signal strength but zero quality. I panned the dish slowly through probably a 45 degrees in each direction but nothing worked. Also, the lnbf doesn't look like the ones I've seen on these sites, it doesnt have that bend in it like I have seen. It's just a straight thing, so I don't know how to actually skew it. Can anybody help? I'm wondering if this is just a lost cause and the dish is just too old/bad.
Prosat7000S is a very old type receiver and response very slow, unless you know what to do or you has no idea how it work, I can't tell how it work now unless it is in front of me then my memory may come back. Mighty LNBF is a bullet type LNBF and I believe this brand still around and maybe use for OEM.

sksatellite said:
Prosat7000S is a very old type receiver and response very slow, unless you know what to do or you has no idea how it work, I can't tell how it work now unless it is in front of me then my memory may come back. Mighty LNBF is a bullet type LNBF and I believe this brand still around and maybe use for OEM.

Yea it's VERY slow which made setting it up very irritating. The set as a whole was just very old and hard to configure so I just ordered a new system and ditched this one (it was free anyways so no loss).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)