First Windows Phone 7.5 “Mango” device goes on sale

Nokia's will be the N9 running Mango (instead of MeeGo).
HTC's already run it starting with the years old HD2.
New HTC WP7 sets to be announced September 1.

Diogen.

I am interested in a nokia windows phone..I have a htc trophy I have used the last two days because a buddy had an extra one sitting around and I must say, windows phone 7 is a VERY nice phone...very very smooth.

i am actually going to check out cell souths win 7 version today. Open mind. lol

I would wait till mango comes out, but I think if you really do have a open mind, you will like what windows phone 7 has to offer...is it enough to switch at this point probably not but it is a contender in the future for sure.

I would wait till mango comes out, but I think if you really do have a open mind, you will like what windows phone 7 has to offer...is it enough to switch at this point probably not but it is a contender in the future for sure.

I have the HD7 pro in hand right now. Figured I would give it a shot, and mango isnt far off. If I dont like it I still have my Mileston x (droid x) and can sell either of them.

HD7 is a very nice phone...
It's essentially an evolution of the HD2
The HTC HD2 is the most developed device in the history of XDA-Developers.
Over 1 million posts on more than 45 thousand threads across 17 sub-forums
covering five operating systems, the HD2 remains in the top 25 most active
devices on XDA almost two years after its release.
If it only could have a Galaxy S II quality screen...:)

Diogen.

Actually that is not the one I got. It is the HD7 pro. Smaller screen, slide out keyboard. Built like a tank it feels like. lol

Obviously limited exposure so far, but I am impressed with the overall smoothness of this OS so far. Initial impression is that it has a slicker feel in transitioning between things than android.

Again, just my initial observation.

Obviously limited exposure so far, but I am impressed with the overall smoothness of this OS so far. Initial impression is that it has a slicker feel in transitioning between things than android.

Again, just my initial observation.

I agree 100%..the smoothness is amazing, I have been using this phone for days now and have yet to see one slow down...I really think if people gave windows 7 a shot they would like it. My favorite thing so far is live tiles and wish they would expand them a little bit ( can you imagine knowing the score, weather and your messages all just looking at your phone screen and not actually opening a program.)

I agree 100%..the smoothness is amazing, I have been using this phone for days now and have yet to see one slow down...I really think if people gave windows 7 a shot they would like it. My favorite thing so far is live tiles and wish they would expand them a little bit ( can you imagine knowing the score, weather and your messages all just looking at your phone screen and not actually opening a program.)

Yes, one thing alot of people wont look past is win mobiles past tries in the market.
I may very well end up not liking this OS, but I can already tell that it is absolutely nothing like windows mobile. It appears as if they have pegged at least the operational part of it this time.

Yes, one thing alot of people wont look past is win mobiles past tries in the market.
I don't think many know MS had any past in this market...:)
It is mostly a case of getting people to try it, I believe (by "people" I don't mean those posting here).

Since there is a chance the religious zealotry to one of the leading platforms will subside,
MS has a chance for a comeback in the form of making more $$$ off of WP7 than Android...:)

Diogen.

I dont like the IM options and the way it is handled at all. I guess mango will fix this, but the apps shut down for the most part when I go back to the home screen, so any messages sent, when I get an alert and go back to the app (say IM+ or something), it has to log me back in before I can reply. Thats annoying.

Of course most people I just text, but there is a group that I use IM services for. The ones I was using with android are not available with wp7 so far.

I am still uber impressed with the smoothness in which this phone/OS operates. It is similar to iOS in that regard.

I am still uber impressed with the smoothness in which this phone/OS operates. It is similar to iOS in that regard.
Touch implementation on the iPad2 was the golden standard (for me)
iPad2 has a very nice touch screen. Best I've seen.
until two weeks ago when I started using the Asus Transformer and the Galaxy S II.
The former at least matches and the latter surpasses it, I think. In both, image and touch quality...

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)