Fisher Communications Channels are BACK on Dish!

I wish Congress would regulate this and set a national per subscriber rate for retransmission.
Probably would not have to go as high as congress.. the FCC already "gives" the networks the airways for free, they do have to pay some fees but not a direct user rate. It would seem that them selling something that is already given to them should not truly be allowed.

No question about it, this is a pissing contest between fish and dish and nobody's winning nothing!

Wayne Sagar

I've lost my patience over this issue. I can't get KOMO OTA, even though I am supposedly in the area that can. I've been an E* subscriber since the beginning but now I'm wondering why I haven't gone over to DTV. They certainly know an opportunity when they see one and hit me up with a mailing at least once a month. At this point, it really doesn't matter to me who is, "in the right". I was willing to wait a couple of months for this to get resolved, but we are now going into the 5th month. Is anyone else thinking about moving on to the other satellite guys?

To answer your question, in my case, Not a viable option. Now,

FISH vs. DISH - Viewers Held Hostage, Day 132: Time for an accounting.

Fisher announced its earnings today, the details of which are posted in full HERE. But here's the part that deals with the ongoing spat. Nothing you haven't heard already, but...

Despite its good faith efforts, Fisher to date has been unable to negotiate a new retransmission agreement with DISH Network ("DISH"). As a result, DISH subscribers in Fisher's seven television markets have been unable to watch the Company's television stations since December 17, 2008, the expiration date of the previous satellite carriage agreement between DISH and Fisher. As previously reported, DISH's CEO, Charlie Ergen, has repeatedly vetoed agreements in principal negotiated and agreed upon by Fisher and DISH representatives. The Company believes DISH is unwilling to negotiate a final contract unless Fisher drops its pending lawsuit against DISH. Fisher filed a breach of contract suit against DISH in federal court in Oregon claiming that DISH owes the Company approximately $1 million in retransmission fees under the prior carriage agreement for a station that DISH was contractually obligated to carry and pay for after it was acquired by Fisher in 2006.

Dish is supposed to make its First Quarter declaration May 11. It will be interesting to see what they have to say in response. In the meantime, the people that count most are still left in the dark...

I've given up. I'm switching as soon as DirecTv has their MRV figured out. That is the only thing keeping with Dish. I don't want 2 dvrs.

Does anyone else have accurate channel listings for KOMO starting at 5:30PM tonight? Don't want to get hope up, but this is the closest I've seen since the dispute began. Right now my guide shows "Important News" until 5:30PM, then ABC World News Tonight and the rest of the KOMO lineup. Huh.

I'm in Corvallis, OR and mine says "Important Info" until 7:30pm and then Inside Edition starting at 7:30pm

Mine just switched to "important info" until 8:00pm and then NCIS. It looks like it adds "important info every hour

...and today we enter the 6th month of the Fish vs. Dish stand-off. No ABC network shows for you! No CBS network shows for them!

Someone on a local radio show said he called Dish back in December right after the cut-off and was told not to worry, these things only last a couple of days, a week or two at most. So is this a record?

I feel for you guys but I still think E* needs to not give into Fisher. Fisher is just trying to squeeze more money and if they are sucessful then all the providers of the big 4 nets will be trying to do the same thing and then we will have to be paying more for what should be damn near free because it is supported by ads. And I work for a TV station.

I have not miss komo one bit we live in whatcom co. north of seattle, we are getting our abc station on 246 kgo. so dish does help its costmers with there programing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts