Fixed 90cm FortecStar pointed at 93w + 123w.. suggestions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
I'm trying to determine if I can get both 93w + 123w using the same 90cm Fortec Star dish using 2 LNB's and a home made bracket.

My old folks have it fixed at 93w right now for the Azteca channels, and now they want to add the spanish ones at 123w w/o having a dish farm or motor.

Although I did suggest for the motor, they don't want to deal with moving back and forth and want instant channel tuning. LOL

So I was thinking in pointing the dish at 103w and make a home made bracket to mount 2 Linear LNBs and adjust them at 93 and 123.

If anyone here has done something like this or similar, if you can post your settings and results. I would really appreciate that.

All suggestions are welcomed, and if you have pictures of something I am trying to do then please post them here.

Thank you guys

BTW: They live here in L.A

pro96 said:
I'm trying to determine if I can get both 93w + 123w using the same 90cm Fortec Star dish using 2 LNB's and a home made bracket.

My old folks have it fixed at 93w right now for the Azteca channels, and now they want to add the spanish ones at 123w w/o having a dish farm or motor.

Although I did suggest for the motor, they don't want to deal with moving back and forth and want instant channel tuning. LOL

So I was thinking in pointing the dish at 103w and make a home made bracket to mount 2 Linear LNBs and adjust them at 93 and 123.

If anyone here has done something like this or similar, if you can post your settings and results. I would really appreciate that.

All suggestions are welcomed, and if you have pictures of something I am trying to do then please post them here.

Thank you guys

BTW: They live here in L.A

Since neither is going to be in the center , sweet spot of the dish , it may take a larger than usual dish ?

Here is what I would try first .

Connect the coax to the second LNBF and by hand , move the LNBF around ( with a signal meter in-line so that you can read it , hunt for 123 , leaving the dish aimed where it is .

May or may not work , but may yeald valuable information .

Remember , the bounce from the west sat will be on the east side of the dish . And vice versa .

Wyr
God bless

I will try as soon as the temps drop below 90.. :rolleyes:
over 100f is just too HOT in the San Fernando Valley to mess with the 90cm.

The transponders on G10 offer a notoriously weak signal (they have improved a little with the recent changes on 121). So you may have to try focusing on 123 and using a bracket to aim for 93, assuming 93 offers a good strong signal on the Aztecas tp.
My 90cm does a good job with G10 but I do not think it would do very well trying to pick it up with an offset to the side. My P*84 just barely brings in one of the Equity tp.s
Another one dish possibility, albeit expensive, would be a Torodial 90. I doubt the T55 would work.
Good luck.

WTguy said:
The transponders on G10 offer a notoriously weak signal (they have improved a little with the recent changes on 121). So you may have to try focusing on 123 and using a bracket to aim for 93, assuming 93 offers a good strong signal on the Aztecas tp.
My 90cm does a good job with G10 but I do not think it would do very well trying to pick it up with an offset to the side. My P*84 just barely brings in one of the Equity tp.s
Another one dish possibility, albeit expensive, would be a Torodial 90. I doubt the T55 would work.
Good luck.

Yeah I thought about that too.. re: Lo TP power at 123w.
This is gonna be fun for me tho, so I will post some pics as soon as am done.

Mickey mouse and all, it will be accomplished with the home made bracket :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)