Fixed 90cm FortecStar pointed at 93w + 123w.. suggestions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
I'm trying to determine if I can get both 93w + 123w using the same 90cm Fortec Star dish using 2 LNB's and a home made bracket.

My old folks have it fixed at 93w right now for the Azteca channels, and now they want to add the spanish ones at 123w w/o having a dish farm or motor.

Although I did suggest for the motor, they don't want to deal with moving back and forth and want instant channel tuning. LOL

So I was thinking in pointing the dish at 103w and make a home made bracket to mount 2 Linear LNBs and adjust them at 93 and 123.

If anyone here has done something like this or similar, if you can post your settings and results. I would really appreciate that.

All suggestions are welcomed, and if you have pictures of something I am trying to do then please post them here.

Thank you guys

BTW: They live here in L.A

pro96 said:
I'm trying to determine if I can get both 93w + 123w using the same 90cm Fortec Star dish using 2 LNB's and a home made bracket.

My old folks have it fixed at 93w right now for the Azteca channels, and now they want to add the spanish ones at 123w w/o having a dish farm or motor.

Although I did suggest for the motor, they don't want to deal with moving back and forth and want instant channel tuning. LOL

So I was thinking in pointing the dish at 103w and make a home made bracket to mount 2 Linear LNBs and adjust them at 93 and 123.

If anyone here has done something like this or similar, if you can post your settings and results. I would really appreciate that.

All suggestions are welcomed, and if you have pictures of something I am trying to do then please post them here.

Thank you guys

BTW: They live here in L.A

Since neither is going to be in the center , sweet spot of the dish , it may take a larger than usual dish ?

Here is what I would try first .

Connect the coax to the second LNBF and by hand , move the LNBF around ( with a signal meter in-line so that you can read it , hunt for 123 , leaving the dish aimed where it is .

May or may not work , but may yeald valuable information .

Remember , the bounce from the west sat will be on the east side of the dish . And vice versa .

Wyr
God bless

I will try as soon as the temps drop below 90.. :rolleyes:
over 100f is just too HOT in the San Fernando Valley to mess with the 90cm.

The transponders on G10 offer a notoriously weak signal (they have improved a little with the recent changes on 121). So you may have to try focusing on 123 and using a bracket to aim for 93, assuming 93 offers a good strong signal on the Aztecas tp.
My 90cm does a good job with G10 but I do not think it would do very well trying to pick it up with an offset to the side. My P*84 just barely brings in one of the Equity tp.s
Another one dish possibility, albeit expensive, would be a Torodial 90. I doubt the T55 would work.
Good luck.

WTguy said:
The transponders on G10 offer a notoriously weak signal (they have improved a little with the recent changes on 121). So you may have to try focusing on 123 and using a bracket to aim for 93, assuming 93 offers a good strong signal on the Aztecas tp.
My 90cm does a good job with G10 but I do not think it would do very well trying to pick it up with an offset to the side. My P*84 just barely brings in one of the Equity tp.s
Another one dish possibility, albeit expensive, would be a Torodial 90. I doubt the T55 would work.
Good luck.

Yeah I thought about that too.. re: Lo TP power at 123w.
This is gonna be fun for me tho, so I will post some pics as soon as am done.

Mickey mouse and all, it will be accomplished with the home made bracket :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)