Flash cutting from analog to 5 digital channels? oh boy....

well according to their website they have one HD and 4 SD channels

Range 11 is now broadcasting in digital. To receive Range 11 over the air, you must have a digital converter box connected to your analog TV or have a TV with a digital tuner already installed. With the correct set-up, you will be able to see the following:
11.1 NBC HD
11.2 Northland's CW 2
11.3 CBS 3
11.4 Northland's NewsCenter NOW
11.9 My 9

RANGE 11 ANALOG SHUT OFF INFORMATION | Northland's NewsCenter NBC 6, CBS 3, My 9, and Northland CW for Duluth MN / Superior WI | Range 11

too bad I'm too far away from the stations at the cabin in Aitkin

Yeah, I have read about how Malara has a very, well, *close* relationship with Granite. Not sure I like it that well, but luckily I live in the Indianapolis DMA, not Fort Wayne. I actually get the best DTV reception from my local HD CW & MY affiliates. Then next best is ABC, and NBC. FOX is spotty, but in HD when I get it. The only channel I've not yet been able to reliably pull in is CBS, which both CBS DTV affiliates are on VHF locally, and everything else is on UHF. I suspect that if/when I put up a rooftop antenna, I should get everything in HD reliably, here on the north end of Kokomo.

Right now, i only use a standard UHF loop, found on a pair of rabbit ears. I did learn one day by accident that moving the "ears" out of the way of the loop, by pulling them both down as far as they go toward a horizontal position, helped reception of marginal stations quite a bit. I also use a piece of aluminum cookware (the disposable kind) as a cheap "reflector" - it's either reflecting desired signals back onto my loop, or keeping undesired signals away from it. Either way, it seems to help, and cost about a buck.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)