FLASH: Dish 811 now $199 for Existing Customers!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Nothing really different then a Dish 6000 but with OpenTV software (So the guide looks like a 301).

One big difference is DVI-D and no VGA output. My HDTV only has a 15-pin VGA connector for HD content. I have found a DVI-D to VGA converter. $400 and no HDCP support (as expected). The set does have component video, but only at 480i. I'm glad the 921 had DVI-I.

Is this true the 811 only has DVI-D??? I thought it had DVI-I thus allowing a cheap conversion to VGA? I too only have an open VGA right now...unless I can get a component-VGA adapter for my dvd player...

I currently have a 6000u, a 508 and a 4922. If I replace the 6000u with an 811, is it "plug & play" or will I need any other adapters (DishPro??) ?

Thanks.

Dish Latino for 811 Deal?

So I'm a AT150 sub, do I also need to subscribe to Dish Latino for the
$199 deal on the 811? No hablo espanol!! What's E* reasoning behind that?

811 DHP

man this is getting ridicilous. i've called CS probably 8 times today, and each time got a DIFFERENT answer to my question regarding the 811.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS BUY AN 811!!

Over a year and a half ago I subscribed to the AT150 package with 4 receivers. DISH sure likes to talk trash about cable, but this is the most ridicilous drawn out *complicated* nonsense I have ever had to deal with as a customer of *any* company. If it was cable, it would take 1 call to get a hidef box (which btw, is also subsidized) and it would be delievered in 3 days.

I've called over 12 retaliers, they all either
a) don't know what the 811 is
b) do not have an eta on it
or
c) say there were software problems and they won't be receiving them until jan.

what is going on at echostar!

even if they want to shaft us, the existing DHP customers - at the very minimum they should be able to let us order directly from them on the phone - atleast give that to us as an option.

I hear u Javajedi, I have been running in circles just like you and have lost complete faith in E*. No one seems to have the same story or know what they are talking about, and just when you get E* to admit there is a $199.00 special they say there computers are down and try to call back later or that they cant give that special until tomorrow. Im about ready to throw in the towel and go back to cable, its just not worth the extra headaches, I could have had HD with Comcast by now with NO BS... I think thats worth the extra money sometimes.

After my Dishplayer 7200 went into feigned death mode (again), I called dish to see what deals are out there. After spending 20 minutes on and off hold, was told by CSR that I could obtain an 811 for $149, but I HAD to have it professionally installed. Also was told they wouldn't start taking orders for the 811 until tomorrow. She also mentioned there were other deals at $199 fo non-HD, but wouldn't give details

Hmm wonder if I call at 9:01 PST if it will be tomorrow at the E* call center and I can get signed up for my 811

Cosmo, I talked with Dish 4 times today. They were pretty consistant. The last a CSR that when I told him I had talked to the Admin Assitant for the VP of Customer Service he asked me to wait. He came back and told me the deal for the 811 would be on on Wenesday and that in order to take advantage you must use credit card pay for your AT50 or above service for 1 year. That is it. If you already have service all you have to do is credit card pay for a year and the 811 is yours for $199 -- just 10 more hours and my order will be in ---YEAH!! :D

StevenD the 811 will replace the 6000u just fine you do not need any other adapters it is ready to work with legacy or dishpro equipment.

but from what i can tell, the dirty little secret in all of this is that DHP customers (such as myself) are not able to get the $199 deal.

What is with all the complaints?

I've been a Dish customer for about 5 years. Dish recently took care of me with $149 6000 with 8vsb. Thanks! Now they are offering to sell me a 811 for $199. Thanks again. Everybody seems to have a complaint about a promotion that is not even in effect on a receiver that is not even in the dealer's hands yet!

We had the same complaints when the 6000 deal was offered.

What about the DHP people?

Dish didn't do the right thing the first day but any DHP customer was eventually able to get a 6000 for $149.

I bought direct, my dealer is out of business, I don't know who my dealer is anymore?

I don't know who my dealer is anymore. It should be me! I'm a retailer and I sold myself my original 6000. However, I sold that on ebay a while back when I switched to a 5000 with HD modulator that I got from Claude. When I made that switch, I was still using a 4000 I got from who knows where! Yesterday, I installed my 6000 I got from Dish for $149. So know I'm using a 6000 from Dish, a 5000 from Claude and a 301 repo from a customer! Who is my dealer? Who knows? Who cares?

Dish obviously intended this promotion to help the existing subscribers and the dealer. Granted they didn't think through all the way but they will eventually get it figured out. They are just trying to throw their dealer's a bone by getting the dealer's customers to return to them and the dealer will make a little money off the new sale. Dish is going to subsidize the dealer's cost just like they do on other promotions. Everybody who wants a 811 will be able to get one for $149 but it might take a couple of days to get it all straight.

Bottom line - we all might have to wait a couple of days to save $200! That ain't bad! Bring on the 921 existing sub promo!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to congratulate Dish on offering an unanticipated deal for existing customers! Sure, there are some rough edges, all retalers and CSRs don't instantaneously know all the details, but this isn't something to bitch about. Dish is giving people a couple hundred dollar break to get the newest equipment. That sounds pretty good to me.

If we weren't all chomping at the bit to have it RIGHT NOW, I WANT IT INSTALLED TOMORROW!, and gotten this information which probably isn't tailored for the end user, we'd probably find the discount operating well by the time Dish does decide to publicise it to consumers.

Good job, Dish!

I have a few of questions about this promotion I hope someone can answer.

How does the billing work? Do they charge you immediately or is the 199 put on your next bill?

Can you waive the credit card autopay and pay 24.95 for shipping and handling?

Are we limited to one receiver on this promotion?

They do charge you immediately. Mine has already been charged and credited on my online DISH account, I was asked if I wanted cc autopay and I said no because I pay with paypal. Don't know about the one receiver--only needed one.

I SPOKE TO A CSR THIS MORNING AND THE DHP SUBSCRIBERS ARE STILL OUT IN THE COLD. THEY CLAIM THE OFFER IS ONLY FOR FOLKS WHO OWN THEIR EQUIPEMENT. WE GET THE SHAFT AGAIN

Holy crap Batman!I just got the 811 for $149 with no auto-pay and free delivery and set-up.Can't wait til Sunday!! :D

Pete,

I just made my purchase today as well. Install is setup for Saturday morning.

Of course I have no projector, but methinks my 7" widescreen LCD will be tested out :D

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)