Flash Forward

There has been no commitment on the part of the producers nor the network that the episodes will be broadcast in real time with the actual calendar. We shouldn't develop any expectations along those lines, whatsoever.

I had just about written this show off when it went on hiatus but last night's episode was a pretty awesome way to bring it back. Unless it just falls off a cliff, they've probably got me until the end of the season at least. If it stays as strong as last night, then I'll definitely be coming back for season 2 if they have one.

I had just about written this show off when it went on hiatus but last night's episode was a pretty awesome way to bring it back. Unless it just falls off a cliff, they've probably got me until the end of the season at least. If it stays as strong as last night, then I'll definitely be coming back for season 2 if they have one.
Agreed! Last night's show was definitely a keeper...

We were all big fans of the show but after the long dragging painful 2 hour episode I deleted the timer..tried to give it a chance many times but the show just kept sinking every new episode.

We were all big fans of the show but after the long dragging painful 2 hour episode I deleted the timer..tried to give it a chance many times but the show just kept sinking every new episode.
What 2-hour episode are you referring to? This weeks 2-hour episode (actually two back-to-back episodes) were thrilling from start-to-finish. To be honest, I pretty much gave up on the show (only watched the first and last few minutes) and deleted the timer over the winter. I'm not sure why I tuned-in, but I'm glad that I did. I just hope they don't go back to sucking next week.

I enjoy the show. What I don't hope kills it and V are the constant long breaks. That brought down Lost's numbers as well.

S~

I think viewers who can't handle long breaks are condemning themselves to watching only short-form programming on television; stand-alone films, or television series wherein every episode is stand-alone and the episodes can be shown in any order without adversely affecting enjoyment of the series. The result when you try to make television series without long breaks can be seen 1PM-4PM weekdays; All My Children, One Life to Live, General Hospital, The Young and the Restless, The Bold and the Beautiful, As the World Turns, and Days of our Lives. If you want high-quality, long-form fiction on television, then financial reality dictates that you accept long breaks.

FlashForward’s Future Looks Bleak

Not good news for this show...

Source

"FlashForward’s 2 hour return last Thursday had little “flash” drawing just a 1.9 adults 18-49 rating. Short of a ratings miracle, I see cancellation in the show’s future. Note that its ratings average includes only a single repeat, most other ABC shows have many."

I don't think most of the American public likes the long waits between the start of a show and then the continuation months later. We go on with other things, watch different shows, etc. Now if the show is really good , like True Blood on Hbo, they will make an exception. But this show is obviously stalling for time using the flash forward blackouts as a way to keep the story going. It is a little like the way the show "Lost" does it. Answer a few questions , then create more questions. It becomes totally frustrating. If this show is canceled , I won't really miss it. If it wasn't for the recap show this week , I would of never remembered what it was even about.

I'm not a fan of the long breaks either, but for people like me who get hooked early on it creates excitement when I see a show that's been off for a few months reappear on my DVR list. Now, on the other hand, if the show hasn't hooked me yet I could care less when it's coming back.....

Still like this show though. Last couple episodes have been excellent IMO.

I don't think most of the American public likes the long waits between the start of a show and then the continuation months later. We go on with other things, watch different shows, etc. Now if the show is really good , like True Blood on Hbo, they will make an exception. But this show is obviously stalling for time using the flash forward blackouts as a way to keep the story going. It is a little like the way the show "Lost" does it. Answer a few questions , then create more questions. It becomes totally frustrating. If this show is canceled , I won't really miss it. If it wasn't for the recap show this week , I would of never remembered what it was even about.

Exactly. But even in the HBO exception, no one was ever happy waiting a year between Soprano's seasons. And this stupid 10 episode arc, followed by a 4 month or 5 or 6 month break, is horrible.

I like Flash Forward, and was thus willing to watch it after such a break, but I understand fully why it got such lousy rating.