schwin

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 18, 2006
The Village
Found on Zap2it's website

Link:

Pilots: ABC Wants to 'Flash Forward' - David S. Goyer, Brannon Braga writing sci-fi pilot - Zap2it

ABC is zeroing in on a new time-shifting sci-fi saga that could serve as a companion piece to "Lost."

The network is on the verge of giving a pilot order to "Flash Forward," a drama about a science experiment gone haywire that causes the world's population to see a vision of what's to come in 20 years. David S. Goyer (" Batman Begins," "Blade") and Brannon Braga (" Star Trek: Enterprise") co-wrote the script, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The project is based on Robert J. Sawyer's novel, in which an experiment gone wrong causes everyone on the planet to black out for about two minutes, during which they see what their lives will be like in the future. Chaos ensues when everyone wakes up as cars crash, people fall and injure themselves and the like.

Goyer and Braga first took "Flash Forward" to HBO, which liked the concept but ultimately passed on it. ABC and FOX both bid on it, with the Alphabet winning out.

Goyer is also set to direct the pilot, and both he and Braga will executive produce (the two also worked together on CBS' "Threshold" a few seasons ago). Braga, however, will be less involved day to day since he's committed to FOX's "24" this season as a co-exec producer.

Vince Gerardis and Ralph Vicinanza, who own the rights to Sawyer's book, and Jessika Borsiczky Goyer will also serve as executive producers.

Interesting. I hope he can roll out 24 finally too because I've been waiting a while for that one to come back.

I just came home from work and turned-on the tube and Flashforward was playing. I liked what I saw so I rewound it to the beginning since it was in the Tivo buffer. Anyway, I am hooked!!! I never cared for Lost, but I loved Jericho and that ABC show about alien invasion (Title?)...both were axed way too early. Since I only have so much time during the week to watch TV, I have decided to delete the CSI: Miami timer and schedule Flashforward. Again, I really like this show to far!

Wow. I was impressed. Speaking of Lost, FF has the actors who played Penny and Charlie (was in the upcoming preview). Hope this does not mean no more Penny and Desmond.

If you missed some of Flash Forward, it replays tonight on ABC... First repeating Timer of the year for ABC for me so far... (haven't watched Eastwick or Cougar Town yet)
I'm glad they're showing the same episode on Thursday and Friday, as my Thursday timers are filled up (Survivor, Bones, and Vampire Diaries). My wife would be perturbed if I didn't get them all.

I expect we'll find a few inside jokes like that.

This is a great show. I think it could be an improvement over Lost, since unlike Lost, it is starting out more organized and more directed towards answering practically all the questions it raises within each season.

The question I see is if the date is pretty much the end of the season next year, will each new season have another flash forward event? Or will it be like lost and 90 days takes 3 years?

I did like the perfect safety record of oceanic airlines claim on the billboard.

My expectation is that they realize the value of having each season have a focus and direct their energies towards getting folks to stick it out to the end of the season, and then give them both a big payoff and raise some new interesting questions (i.e., have another flash), to motivate viewers to return next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)