Flash Forward

Guessing that the kangaroo is FF's polar bear?

My wife DVR'ed it and we watched it tonight, not bad... didn't know Jack Davenport was in it (he was very funny in BBC's coupling)

I finally got to see the show. Before I knew it, it was over! Time flew which means I was engaged and actually put my laptop down while watching the show. This doesn't happen very often. I hope the series pans out. I like the fact that the flash forward was to a date which I think is the scheduled date of the series/season finale.

See ya
Tony

Missed the pilot, but downloaded it from itunes. I liked it.

While it definitely is not lost, it certainly seems to borrow from similar themes. Amazing how unoriginal most hollywood writers are. Still, I did like it.

I like it, but it looks very limited in length of the series- unless more flash forwards are coming to extend the future visions. Because April 29th ( my wedding anniversary) is not that far off. Maybe the writers gave a short period of time in case the series didn't catch on?

I like it, but it looks very limited in length of the series- unless more flash forwards are coming to extend the future visions. Because April 29th ( my wedding anniversary) is not that far off. Maybe the writers gave a short period of time in case the series didn't catch on?
Supposedly there will be another flash forward at the end of the season finale, setting up the second season.

After two episodes, I feel compelled to keep watching, but am wary of this becoming a soap opera. I don't really care about the characters yet. To me, it seems that viewers would expect to see a world changed more dramatically by the blackout -- I'm not getting that sense that a big WHOA! has taken place.

After two episodes, I feel compelled to keep watching, but am wary of this becoming a soap opera. I don't really care about the characters yet. To me, it seems that viewers would expect to see a world changed more dramatically by the blackout -- I'm not getting that sense that a big WHOA! has taken place.
I agree! I enjoyed the 2nd show, but I could sense the soap opera taking roots. Hopefully, we'll see less of this nonsense in future episodes.

Wow last night I watched the first episode......what a good show. I love shows that make you imagine. Then I thought the second episode would be ho hum, but it was good too. Amazing that a show can still capture our imaginations and be on ABC. I just hope that the writers can keep this going.

The second episode was good, but I really don't give a rats ass about the personal life and angst of the alcoholic FBI guy and the Doctor who thinks she is going to have an affair. I don't care. Even if it is crucial to the plot, I don't care. If I wanted to see this kind of story I would record Days of Our Lives.

Hopefully this will not be the focus of much more of the series otherwise I will lose interest in no time!

See ya
Tony

I care. I think an action story devoid of insight into the characters and their relationships, as you allude to, would be utterly boring and not worth watching. If I wanted that type of experience, I could go to an amusement park and ride a roller coaster.

Too much soap opera plots will be the end of this series as a viable sci-fi /fantasy related show. Look at Jericho. Great plot device -terrorist nuke several U.S. cities and the head of Homeland security is behind it. What killed the show? Slow plodding soap opera plots like one guy cheating on his wife at the hospital with a bar maid-oh the horror! IF it wasn't for the die hard fans sending pallot of nuts( a saying in the show NUts to you) to CBS to keep it going the show would of ended there. When it did come back for 8 episodes to wrap it up, there was a streamlined soap opera plots and more action and story resolution. IF it had stayed that way all along I am betting it would of got more traction with most viewers.

Too much soap opera plots will be the end of this series as a viable sci-fi /fantasy related show.
Inadequate human drama -- an antiseptic technogeek-oriented presentation -- will be the end of this series as a viable television series.

Look at Jericho. Great plot device -terrorist nuke several U.S. cities and the head of Homeland security is behind it. What killed the show?
When it moved away from the interpersonal relationships of people going through survival scenarios, and instead became a military show.

You and I clearly disagree about what is good versus bad. That's not really important. What is important is which type of programming attracts enough viewers to be most profitable. Given how often, it seems, that the programming you like gets canceled, while the programming you don't like gets renewed, what is the logical conclusion?

I thought the Doctor plot was interesting. Can she prevent the affair? It is an insite to whether or not the future seen was real, if it is changable, or inevitable. Like him burning the bracelet, well what if his daughter makes him another one?

One thing that bothered me was the mass destruction shown. Yeah there would be a lot of car wrecks, having half the LA skyline smashed into?

One thing that bothered me was the mass destruction shown. Yeah there would be a lot of car wrecks, having half the LA skyline smashed into?
Figure that every helicopter in the sky is going to hit something. Unlike a cross-country jetliner, there is practically no chance of a helicopter just cruising across a city skyline for 137 seconds unattended without hitting something.

Figure that every helicopter in the sky is going to hit something. Unlike a cross-country jetliner, there is practically no chance of a helicopter just cruising across a city skyline for 137 seconds unattended without hitting something.

Yes, but 99% of LA is empty sky. Sky scrapers are very limited along Wilshire and downtown. The choppers are all over the city in pretty much empty areas looking at traffic. There are not a lot of choppers in the downtown cluster.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)