Florida Marlins keeping their games off MLB Extra Innings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i found funny how they mentioned during the fins game last night that the fins have more attendance for their practices than the marlins do at their games.

i found funny how they mentioned during the fins game last night that the fins have more attendance for their practices than the marlins do at their games.

...THAT is why Miami will ALWAYS BE a 2nd rate sports town. They will ONLY favorably respond to the Dolphins. EVERY other city I have lived in, ALL professional teams got FULL backing from the cities fans ALL the time. NOT when they are just winning....

...this city can be SO frustrating.:mad::rant::rant::(

During Sunday's DH, Tommy Hutton was complaining that the Marlins had yet to be on Fox Saturday baseball, or ESPN's Sunday Night game. Thanks to a rain delay in Atlanta, the Marlins and Rockies made it to Sunday Night Baseball in the 8th inning of game 2 as "Bonus Coverage" with Rich Waltz and Hutton describing the action.

During Sunday's DH, Tommy Hutton was complaining that the Marlins had yet to be on Fox Saturday baseball, or ESPN's Sunday Night game. Thanks to a rain delay in Atlanta, the Marlins and Rockies made it to Sunday Night Baseball in the 8th inning of game 2 as "Bonus Coverage" with Rich Waltz and Hutton describing the action.

He was telling the truth.

I don't think the Reds have been on either of those either.

They have done that already, it didn't work.

Ramy...keeping the "arm Killer" as manager has made the team WORSE! This team had some very promising talent...and it has been pissed away by this guy.

...did I mention just how worthless I think he is as a manager?! LOL!!:rant::rant:;)

Ramy...keeping the "arm Killer" as manager has made the team WORSE! This team had some very promising talent...and it has been pissed away by this guy.

...did I mention just how worthless I think he is as a manager?! LOL!!:rant::rant:;)

I never said he was good. I just don't think a no name is the right answer right now either. Dave Miley was absolutely awful in the majors even though he was great in the minors.

I never said he was good. I just don't think a no name is the right answer right now either. Dave Miley was absolutely awful in the majors even though he was great in the minors.

Well....that's how it is sometimes. Like some guys are GREAT COLLEGE football players, the get to the NFL...and they are barely good enough to be considered a bad player.

He makes the Pirates manager look like Joe Torre.

As a Marlin and Raider fan, Salsa is a fan of two teams that are the extreme opposites of fans showing up and showing up to the stadium on a consistent basis.

Even through this horrendous stretch of football, at least the Raiders fans are showing up. Marlins fans, OTOH- well, let's say empty seats at their games is a given.

Raider Nation gets a bad rap because of their look, appearance, and antics, but at least they are consistent in staying true with the team.

Why can't the Marlins be like that? Why can't most Marlin fans be loyal like Salsa?

Because MIami/Dade is a poor baseball market. MLB thought with all the Latinos(Mainly Cubans) in the parket, a Major League team would be a success. Quite the opposite.
The other reason is the Stadium.
Dolphin Stadium is a football facility poorly suited for baseball.
Time for MLB to show some common sense and find another city for the Marlins. Where that might be, I have no suggestions. But Miami( actually the team plays right on the Dade/ Broward line a stones throw from Calder Racetrack.

...THAT is why Miami will ALWAYS BE a 2nd rate sports town. They will ONLY favorably respond to the Dolphins. EVERY other city I have lived in, ALL professional teams got FULL backing from the cities fans ALL the time. NOT when they are just winning....

...this city can be SO frustrating.:mad::rant::rant::(
Charlote, NC is the same way. Many many newcomers who've relocated from other places have held on to their team allegiances.
Yes, the Panthers sell out most of their games. But that is because a Panthers game is a place to go and be seen. That's why the place is half empty by the end of the 3rd quarter. ANd that is win or lose.
NOBODY cares about the NBA team. The ECHL hockey team sometimes out draws the Bobcats..
For football this is Steelers and Redskins country. For hoops, it's UNC , NC State and in general the ACC. The NBA is a non factor here.

... Why must everything be confrontational, even when I agree with you?

Sandra

... it's just that you cannot expect there will be confrontation when you open up with a confrontationl comment....

I'm beginning to suspect that you two are really married and go to seperate computers in seperate rooms just to argue. :D

Last edited:
Because MIami/Dade is a poor baseball market. MLB thought with all the Latinos(Mainly Cubans) in the parket, a Major League team would be a success. Quite the opposite.
The other reason is the Stadium.
Dolphin Stadium is a football facility poorly suited for baseball.
Time for MLB to show some common sense and find another city for the Marlins. Where that might be, I have no suggestions. But Miami( actually the team plays right on the Dade/ Broward line a stones throw from Calder Racetrack.

On the contrary, Miami-Dade IS as great baseball market as any in the country, the problem is...there are too many NON Marlin fans and too many fans from OTHER markets living down here. Like I said, you are NOT gonna change the mind of a ton of Yankee, Mets, Cubs, Phillies, Red Sox and Braves fans that live down here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts