Flying SWA, they have Dish they say

Remind me not to fly southwest.

I would have agreed with you 20 years ago. But, now SW is one of the best airlines. The other airlines have sunk far below SW. The only thing that is somewhat of an issue on SW is non assigned seats. But, you can pay 12.50 each way and get priority boarding to get a good seat. They have more legroom than most of the other airlines, they do not have checked bag fees, flight change fees, etc. They also tend to be fairly low cost.

Of course if you want to spend the $$ and always fly first class SW is not for you since they do not have first class.

Flying in general is getting worse, but having Dish is nice. But with the Hopper iPad transfer function and two headphones, I don't think my wife and I would use the in flight service.

Flying in general is getting worse, but having Dish is nice. But with the Hopper iPad transfer function and two headphones, I don't think my wife and I would use the in flight service.

The transfer app is by far one of my favorite features of the Hopper. Even if I only take advantage of it a few times a year it's just so handy.

Well I tried but... it requires a newer Flash plug-in than stated and without that "entertainment" is blocked, at least on my 10.6.8 MacBook.
Next time I'll update Flash before flight because I'm not paying to do that during the flight. Even though I do NOT want Flash normally.

On a similar front I've now used Dish Anywhere in a motel and it works much of the time, getting 700kbps limited by my home uplink with 5Gbps downlink from CenturyLink. I think that is the best I can get from them. It was easy to set up and will play for long periods and it starts up without re-login after overnight sleep but it is almost impossible to back up "10 sec" at a time. Rewind and fast forward are weak because there is no position counter nor even a progress bar.

At times it stops the video while playing the audio, while moving the cursor can get a burst of video at high speed to catch up? Would like to do a pause/skip back or forward while in full-screen mode, say to answer someone or pay attention to something else or visit a web page without going to "regular" mode and back to full screen. It would help to have the FS button not on the opposite corner from pause.

One more, the numbering is season and episode and not the Tribune numbers so it is hard to match whether I have it already. Dish choose one.

-Ken

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts