Font

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

catamount

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
maritimes
About three weeks ago, I noticed the font became larger and Italic. Only happens on this site. Did searches, but cannot find a way to change it back to normal. Very annoying! Any way to fix this?

Catamount

It should fix itself soon, I bet when the new software goes into effect the font will go back to the default.

Chrome is the same - you can (often inadvertently) change the font size, it's actually the ZOOM setting, and Chrome remembers it on a per-site setting.

I had similar - when writing a reply all of sudden it was doing it in italics a few days ago as the default. Existing posts were all normal. I had to write a word or two then hit the "I " to make it normal. It went away in a day or so and I did nothing to change it because it only happened here.

Chrome is the same - you can (often inadvertently) change the font size, it's actually the ZOOM setting, and Chrome remembers it on a per-site setting.

Thanks for this! Just opened the menu in Firefox, and this site was set at 120%. Put it back to 100. All is good now!

Not a bug but a wish list item, Font related. Overall, I would like to increase the look and feel of the site by 10-15% larger. Is this possible? Either through a custom user setting or a special custom layout you design. The pages themselves look the same as the old site but with a smaller size Font, there is more empty space. In addition the lines and headings are thinner and lighter, low contrasting coloring giving the look more of a washed out appearance.

I think if you look closely at the old look, and match that to the new one your new one will take on that warm friendly appearance many are used to.

I think the default font for the new site is bigger. It's also a serif font and I wish it was a sans serif...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Not the font in the message box, but the size of the fonts under the Avatar ( which are larger and looks fine with new frame) and other headings, except in the main titles at the top. Signatures are in very light gray too which add to the washed out look. This would be better, I think: ( just some suggesti0ns)

Name
Pub Member

Green name color is too washed out when it should be the boldest item in the list.

Signatures are too light as well but I think the font size, being smaller is OK here. Same with the font size in the quotes but the color is OK. Tan bounding box is a little annoying to me but I can live with that.

Yeah, the green for the username looks out of place. I would just stick to black text and yes, make it bold (not sure if it already is or if it's just a larger font). I like the rest of the text (Joined, Messages, etc) with the size they are. That info isn't used too often so you don't want it jumping out at you, plus, at least for me, and I have pretty poor vision (I'm pretty much blind w/o glasses), are perfectly readable.

The signature font color definitely needs changed. Maybe a darker shade of gray than it is currently. I certainly don't want the signature jumping out or being too prominent, especially given the excessive length of some people's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)