Food HD Wednesday Aug-16 is on!, no date for INHD yet

tjwgrr

Route of the Northliners
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Western Michigan
Got through to the Tech Forum. Rep. told me Food HD goes live this Wednesday Aug 16. :hungry:

I see they wouldn't answer the question on the air.

Unfortunately, they told me no official date for INHD yet. (I asked, but had no date available.)

Last edited:
I got the same answer. The guy picked up and told me that all of the other lines were busy but he would try and answer my question. He said Aug. 16 for FoodHD. I forgot to ask about INHD. Hey, I did hear one mention of SatelliteGuys on the chat though.

tjwgrr said:
Unfortunately, they told me no official date for INHD yet. (I asked, but had no date available.)

Does this mean they somewhat agreed that INHD would be coming, but they wouldn't give the date? Or did they sound like they wouldn't confirm this channel at all?

I don't understand why or how they'd uplink a channel they don't have agreements for, couldn't INHD cause a bunch of issues for them taking their signal and rebroadcasting (though no one still can get it). My guess is the details are still being hammered out for INHD, this is a pretty big milestone in cable / dbs relationships it will show that the cable systems are submitting and have no choice but to giving up their exclusive channels... just wait until HD-RSNs come over... go dish!

Satelliteguys was mentioned twice on the Tech Chat.

Once regarding InHD and FoodHD and the other when someone mentioned about the RSN's in HD.

I have been wondering for a while now about the big rumor that is HD RSNS's..I read somewhere that there were supposedly going to be 11 of them added by the end of the year, and that they were also rumored to be on national spot beams..

Where on Earth does DISH have room for 11 more national spot beams? They dont do they?

I'm concerned that if they do add those HD RSNS's that the other HD programming will have to suffer the PQ hit. I'm a movie buff and not much of a sports fan so for me that would be very bad news.

nazz said:
I'm concerned that if they do add those HD RSNS's that the other HD programming will have to suffer the PQ hit.

Yes, this is pretty much what Im getting at here.. I sure wish my Charter Cable system would just get off their dead asses and add my RSN in HD, because I am ready to be completely done with these downrezzing/bitstarving crooks..

Well I think in the near future the downrezzing will get address by Dish since they will be putting up new sats sometime soon.. Everyone does this untill they get new hardware to support things but either way Dish still HD leader.. Overall all atleast Dish gives us something in HD to where others dont give you nothing like cable so on but..

Poke said:
Well I think in the near future the downrezzing will get address by Dish since they will be putting up new sats sometime soon.. Everyone does this untill they get new hardware to support things but either way Dish still HD leader..

I havent heard of any sattelite launches for DISH in the near future..Can you link me to this info plz?

I think E* has one sked for late 2007. Not sure if it's a 129 replacement or what.

Also, last I heard, D* was putting up two- spot beamers for HD LiLs.

abricko said:
I don't understand why or how they'd uplink a channel they don't have agreements for, couldn't INHD cause a bunch of issues for them taking their signal and rebroadcasting (though no one still can get it). My guess is the details are still being hammered out for INHD, this is a pretty big milestone in cable / dbs relationships it will show that the cable systems are submitting and have no choice but to giving up their exclusive channels... just wait until HD-RSNs come over... go dish!

Charter cable has done the same thing, with Local HD channels they didnt have an agreement for. Whats worse, the channel was ITC for anyone with a QAM tuner! Finally the talks died apparently, and the channel was gone. So its not just a Dish thing...

navychop said:
I think E* has one sked for late 2007. Not sure if it's a 129 replacement or what.

E11 is scheduled for early '07. Not sure if they have decided where to put it. Ciel 2 is scheduled for late '08 to go to 129, not sure if that is for partial E* use though.

Poke said:
Well I think in the near future the downrezzing will get address by Dish since they will be putting up new sats sometime soon.. Everyone does this untill they get new hardware to support things

When has this happened? I can't think of a single time things improved down the road. Once they downrez/drop bitrate it's there to stay.

HookedOnTV said:
When has this happened? I can't think of a single time things improved down the road. Once they downrez/drop bitrate it's there to stay.

Yep, thats how I see it..

Im quite certain once FHD, INHD, and the RSN HD's are added, my days with DISH will be numbered..

Other than my HD DVD player and the 7 channels I get through my Charter Cable card, I think my HD days will be numbered, period.. Im to the point of giving up :(

navychop said:

"The next two satellites, DIRECTV 10 and DIRECTV 11, will launch in early 2007. These satellites will have the capacity for more than 1,000 additional local HD channels, more than 150 national HD channels, and other new programming offerings. These satellites will provide DIRECTV the capability to bring local and national HD programming and other advanced services to every U.S. household. Consumers will be able to receive all of these services, as well as existing DIRECTV(R) programming, with a single small satellite dish."

http://www.nab.org/newsroom/pressrel/Statements/DirecTV090904.htm

As mentioned, Charter has done it, I know TW does it, and apparently Dish does it too... What it is is simply the engineering side of these companies needs to get everything ready to go ASAP. I mean, can you imagine the uproar if an agreement is reached with channel "A" but it will be a few weeks before it's available to customers, due to technical issues, etc, etc ?? It's called being proactive. Sadly, when they do it, there's questions of legality brought up, assumptions made (it does NOT automatically mean an agreement will be made), and so on.

So if at this late date, they're not sure where they'll put it- it's good news. That means the satellite footprint is reconfigurable, not fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts