Food HD Wednesday Aug-16 is on!, no date for INHD yet

Squid is delicious, if properly prepared.

And properly prepared octopus is NOT rubbery.

Well my LCD is 42" and 1920x1080 and I can tell the difference between Food and HGTV. Food is too soft, but I know in the future it will improve. I hate the cropped commerical they use they cut off alot from people in the shot.

The more HD the better, now where are thoses HD RSN's going to popup.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I also watched on my SXRD and was very happy with the PQ (although watching a guy grill dead squid was not my cup of tea) :D

+1 here, my SXRD and the Food Channel looks great. Not good for my diet.

I'm lovin' my SXRD, some friends were over last night and they were blown away with the SXRD's picture quality in HD and SD.

psumattDE said:
Oh, don't get me wrong, the picture was nice, but flip back and forth b/t Food and HGHD and you'll see the difference.

I agree. Picture seems crisper and more contrasty, less grainy on HGTV-HD than it is on FOOD-HD.

Could this be a 61.5/129 issue (I think the other one is 129)? We also seem to be getting divergent opinions along these lines regarding Starz-HD.

=NLK=

paychekkk said:
I'm lovin' my SXRD, some friends were over last night and they were blown away with the SXRD's picture quality in HD and SD.

Me too, I just got my SXRD on Saturday and am amazed how good it looks, I also got a HD DVD player and that too has knocked my socks off on SD DVD's. I havent even popped in a HD DVD yet, I cant imagine what those will look like if SD DVD's look this good. :D

It makes a diff..

Scott Greczkowski said:
Me too, I just got my SXRD on Saturday and am amazed how good it looks, I also got a HD DVD player and that too has knocked my socks off on SD DVD's. I havent even popped in a HD DVD yet, I cant imagine what those will look like if SD DVD's look this good. :D

It thus make a difference with the SXRD upconverting to 1080P:up . HD is Fab and SD is acceptable. I have a HD-DVD player also and HD-DVDs look awesome and the upconvert on SD DVDs is also real good! Gerry

Wow, my 622 automatically grabbed a few HD Good Eats shows of the HD channel. My wife has it set up to record all of the different shows and she deletes the ones that don't interest her.

I'll have to watch this as there are a couple of dozen different eps on every week both old and new.

Most look like they are only upconverted so far, but Iron Chef America should look the best this weekend....

Scott Greczkowski said:
I also watched on my SXRD and was very happy with the PQ (although watching a guy grill dead squid was not my cup of tea) :D

I agree, It would have been much more interesting to watch him grill Live Squid!!!! :) :p :0

guffy1 said:
The 2:00 PM EST version of Boy Meets Grill looks like a huge blurrfest to me...

Very blurry with the jerky video effect..This crap is making me dizzy....

Booby Flay kinda sux anyway- ALTON! :D

clapple said:
Apparently, Food HD doesn't have hd cameras, for live shows. No sign of "Emril Live".

After all the choice quality yet cheap HD cameras I saw at this year's NAB, there's no excuse for that!

MMMMMMM.... Yummmy. My words taste good.

I finally got a chance to turn on the HDTV and actually SEE Food HD. It's good. It ain't great. Even my wife noticed and started complaining immediately about the graininess. On my 61" 720p rear projection JVC HDTV, flaws are very apparent. ANY movement garners some blockiness. Way too often. It's still watchable, but yes, the bit rate is so low the PQ suffers very noticably. And another yes, the colors are over saturated.

I'm glad to have the channel. Now make it better. It really is Not Quite Good Enough. At least on 61 inches.

navychop said:
MMMMMMM.... Yummmy. My words taste good.

I finally got a chance to turn on the HDTV and actually SEE Food HD. It's good. It ain't great. Even my wife noticed and started complaining immediately about the graininess. On my 61" 720p rear projection JVC HDTV, flaws are very apparent. ANY movement garners some blockiness. Way too often. It's still watchable, but yes, the bit rate is so low the PQ suffers very noticably. And another yes, the colors are over saturated.

I'm glad to have the channel. Now make it better. It really is Not Quite Good Enough. At least on 61 inches.

Navy-
You got it. Watched some Barefoot Contessa last night - every time a quick movement, BLURRY. It has to the worst quality of any HD channel in the lineup.