Food You Don't or Won't Usually Eat

Scrapple, anyone?

Wow. Used to make it as a family project around Christmas. The stuff we made was wickedly good, but it took 2 full days of preparation. Ended up making 25 loaves of it though, split among 3 families. Froze it and served it throughout the year.

Still, don't have the energy to make it anymore.

I'm getting such a culinary education here. What is scrapple?

Seriously, I'm going to have to start googling this stuff, so I know what the heck you guys are talking about.

I'm getting such a culinary education here. What is scrapple?

Seriously, I'm going to have to start googling this stuff, so I know what the heck you guys are talking about.

Scrapple is hard to describe. It is seasoned pork that is cooked and then ground and mixed with flour and cornmeal. Makes a kind of paste that is formed into loaves. This is cut into slices, breaded and pan fried. There is nothing similar enough to compare it with.

Scrapple is hard to describe. It is seasoned pork that is cooked and then ground and mixed with flour and cornmeal. Makes a kind of paste that is formed into loaves. This is cut into slices, breaded and pan fried. There is nothing similar enough to compare it with.

Well, that's a nice way to describe it. In PA and WV, they make it out of any leftover scraps of a pig including the head, brains, heart, liver and bones.

Well, that's a nice way to describe it. In PA and WV, they make it out of any leftover scraps of a pig including the head, brains, heart, liver and bones.

Yeah. That's why I don't buy the commercial stuff. Ours was made with pork shoulder and some spare ribs to add flavor.

Ok guess I'm the odd man out but I love the taste of liver and regularly eat it for the natural iron boost.

What I won't eat are wax beans, boiled spinach but most other ways its fine with me, butter noodles or flat noodles in a gravy sauce and mac and cheese because any attempt to get it within a foot of my mouth will find my fist in your face and my foot in your arse. Mac and cheese is the by product of dogs and cats mating, its the afterbirth of an angry conservative nudest vacationing in Greenland in January, if it were a life form it would be lower than a hag fish or a lawyer, its the morning after at a redneck jamboree held next door to freaknik in Atlanta, it's that strange foul stuff on the bottom of you shoe after taking the short cut through the weird part of the woods. Do you get the idea that I don't like mac and cheese?

Ok guess I'm the odd man out but I love the taste of liver and regularly eat it for the natural iron boost.

What I won't eat are wax beans, boiled spinach but most other ways its fine with me, butter noodles or flat noodles in a gravy sauce and mac and cheese because any attempt to get it within a foot of my mouth will find my fist in your face and my foot in your arse. Mac and cheese is the by product of dogs and cats mating, its the afterbirth of an angry conservative nudest vacationing in Greenland in January, if it were a life form it would be lower than a hag fish or a lawyer, its the morning after at a redneck jamboree held next door to freaknik in Atlanta, it's that strange foul stuff on the bottom of you shoe after taking the short cut through the weird part of the woods. Do you get the idea that I don't like mac and cheese?

This is a thread about food you don't like. You don't have to sugar coat it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)