Footprint of local HD signals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

73vtail

Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
California
I recently installed an HD DVR at my 2nd home using my service from San Francisco. I cannot get the HD local channels. My installation guy says they are on 103 and so is CNN HD. I can get CNN HD just fine. I get the SD local channels ok. It's only the local channels I cannot get in HD, other channels come in fine.

Is this a configuration issue? An Activation issue? Or perhaps my 2nd home is outside the transmission footprint of that set of local channels? Do the SD and HD local channels have different footprints?

Is there somewhere I can go do find out the HD footprint of the San Francisco local channels?

Thanks!

I recently installed an HD DVR at my 2nd home using my service from San Francisco. I cannot get the HD local channels. My installation guy says they are on 103 and so is CNN HD. I can get CNN HD just fine. I get the SD local channels ok. It's only the local channels I cannot get in HD, other channels come in fine.

Is this a configuration issue? An Activation issue? Or perhaps my 2nd home is outside the transmission footprint of that set of local channels? Do the SD and HD local channels have different footprints?

Is there somewhere I can go do find out the HD footprint of the San Francisco local channels?

Thanks!

it is very possible ot have 2 different foot prints due to the fact that you SD and your HD locals are are 2 different sats . So you have 2 different spot beams. I have not ever seen a spotbeam map from dtv. So it is up in the air.

When you say dont get your HD locals answer me some question please

Are they showing up in the guide (hd versions )

When you tune to said hd channel are you getting 771 searching for sat signal aka sfss

Are you getting a message that says channel not available.

My 2nd home is in the mtns west of Redding, north end of Trinity Lake.

I see both HD and SD channels in the Guide. Yes, I get the 771 searching for sat msg. I don't get a msg saying the channels are unavailable.

I didn't know there are two 103s. If I can receive one of them (if CNNHD is on it) does that mean my dish is aimed accurately enough to get the other one?

At first I thought this was a dish aiming problem. But then the installer made the comment about CNNHD. I guess he doesn't know there are two 103s either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)