For All You UFL Fans Out There

I think NESN is showing all of two games. I do hope that Sacramento-Hartford game tomorrow is better than that Cowboys-Redskins snoozefest last Sunday night.

I am sure the UFL hopes there are some fans out there.

Going head to head, last year, with the NFL in SFO and NYC was not a good plan.

Cities without a NFL team might work.

I did watch the first half today. Hartford looked pretty good. Sacramento didn't. It obviously isn't NFL calibre football and it doesn't try to be, the league recognizes its role as a development opportunity for players. Hopefully it draws well enough and keeps its budgets tight so it sticks around longer than the average start-up league.

Yeah, was working on an 'offical thread' for the UFL this season before I decided to stop posting here:

UFL 2010 Teams

tuskerslogolarge.png

Florida Tuskers
Playing in:
Coached by:
Players you might recognize:

omahalogolarge.png

Omaha Nighthawks
Playing in:
Coached by:
RB Ahman Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Seahawks, Packers, Texans
LB Gary Stills - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Chiefs, Ravens, Rams, Locos

mountanlionslogolarge.png

Sacramento Mointain Lions
Playing in:
Coached by:

locoslogolarge.png

Las Vegas Locos
Playing in: Sam Boyd Stadium
Coached by: Jim Fassel
2009 Inagural Record:

colonialslogolarge.png

Hartford Colonials
Playing in:
Coached by:
2009 Inagural Record:

Last night's Omaha - Hartford game should create some UFL fans. That was probably the most exciting game I have seen this season; and there actually where real live people it the stands. A rarity for a UFL game.

Culpepper v Garcia in 15 minutes on HDNet and I presume UFL-football.com.

I might have to tune in for a few during the halftime of the Fla / Bama game.

There are about 5-10 people I recognize on the Omaha team.

Garcia has Maurice Clarett and Amhad Green in his backfield and Roy Hall as a wide out .

A TE from Toledo that I never heard of. :eek:

Cullpepper on the Sacramento side of things.

Last edited:
if it wasn't during NFL/College/High school football I might watch it. They need to be a spring league.

TNGTony said:
Spring leagues have always done so well.....
USFL anyone?
Oh, there's a huge story in there somewhere.

The moment that the USFL started to gain traction, they decided to switch to a fall schedule, and in the process lost some very good teams (Philadelphia Stars, Michigan Panthers).

I'd invite everyone to look at the ESPN 30 for 30 regarding the USFL, or read The One Dollar League. They are very interesting reports on the inner workings of the league.

The UFL is running as if they were the USFL in 1986; they are now in cities that do not have an NFL franchise competing with them. However, when the largest television markets are Sacramento and Orlando, it causes viewership problems.

As of the Colonial win over the Mountain Lions yesterday the Locos at 5-1 have clinched the first spot in the Championship game at the end of November. At 2-4 to 3-2 with 2 games to play, all other teams are still alive for the final spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts