For Amusement Only

Status
Please reply by conversation.
best of luck to him! ;)

Right you are. $250 it is.

Oh, and by the way, there is a "removal fee" of, ... you guessed it: $225.!. - :eek:

Of course, if he'll deliver it for the $250, that's another matter! - :D

Wow....

....at these prices, I've got several thousand $$$ worth of stuff planted next to my house! :eek: :D:up

That dish is going to stay planted there for a loooonnnngggg time...

Why does everyone think these things are worth so much money? Because of the original MSRP? In that case, that old 286 PC I'm using as a doorstop should be worth about a grand :D ...

My favorite part is he estimates $100+ worth of scrap value. Sure it's big, but it's mesh and probably hollow. I don't sell scrap metal but I don't know that it is really worth that.

And to top it off he estimates $100 in scrap metal, but he's selling it for $250. So it seems that if someone wanted to scrap it (heaven forbid) they are out a days work and $150. :p Where do I sign up for THAT deal?

Pretty funny!

Someone should point him to this thread LOL

I sent him a link to this thread earlier. I told him he might want to consider giving his dish away for free (and followed it up with a smiley face)

I just added up the new price of all my dishes and electronics to determine my net worth.........and discovered......

I'M RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

wow!!!!
boy, if there really is someone out there dumb enough to take him up on that offer, i might just have to sell my 10' and 2 8' dishes that the landlord won't let me put up!

What are they paying for scrap aluminum per pound?

For a measure of what we dish scroungers are up against, I could go out and weigh my 8.5 foot Paraclypse dish .....

I watched a very nice spun, perforated dish for a while. One day, it was gone.

Looked at the mount and it was mangled to hell. Probably some meth tweakers or illegal immigrants looking for stuff to sell....

The price just went up!

Hey Guys, here's the response I got from the CL poster: :up

Funny thread and thanks for sharing. I posted it for a friend as we had no idea of what it was worth, but now we know-lol. Anyhow, take care and tell them I am raising the price to $400 just for them HA

a mesh dish might fetch about 5 dollars for scrap. my parents neighbour just sold a honda accord for scrap and got 38 dollars. haha.

crackt out,.

crackt said:
a mesh dish might fetch about 5 dollars for scrap. my parents neighbour just sold a honda accord for scrap and got 38 dollars. haha.

crackt out,.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the confirmation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts