for you old geeks out there -Commodore 64 is reborn

...brings back memories.

I just hope the keyboard is _not_ the original...:)

Diogen.

The new Commodore 64 can run original 8-bit games through an emulator and is said to be "as close to the original in design as humanly possible", with genuine Cherry brand key switches and the exact same shape keys as the original.

Hell, I was designing desktop computers for years before the C64 was even around. HP9835/45/26 HP-85. Why would I be interested in some whippersnapper upstart? :D

Oh, this is cool. I have such fond memories of my C64. I had a 1541 disk drive, but no tape drive. Those were just WAY to slow. What also interests me is the re-emergence of the Amiga and this "Commodore OS". I'm going to be very interested to see how this turns out.

Still have mine...with 1541 drive (like Tyralak) but also this multi cartridge thing that you shove in the back of the computer and can plug in 3 games and allows you to switch between them

The Amiga was way ahead of its time in terms of graphics. I considered buying one for that reason alone but since what I really needed was a machine to use for work i needed something that ran Lo\tus 1-2-3, Word perfect , and all those other great apps i thought I would use for the rest of my life.

Maybe they wiul bring back Neo Geo too. That thing had gigantic game cartridges that were almost as expensive as the system itself. A friend had one and I always enjoyed playing it but I was also glad that he paid for it not me.

Why would I be interested in some whippersnapper upstart? :D
How many do you know are particularly nostalgic about their old HP computers? Everything was tiny but the keyboard and the price. ($3,295). The other small computer that used tape as primary storage, the Coleco Adam, wasn't a rousing commercial success either.

The PET was a much more practical computer than the HP85.

Geronimo said:
The Amiga was way ahead of its time in terms of graphics. I considered buying one for that reason alone but since what I really needed was a machine to use for work i needed something that ran Lo\tus 1-2-3, Word perfect , and all those other great apps i thought I would use for the rest of my life.

Maybe they wiul bring back Neo Geo too. That thing had gigantic game cartridges that were almost as expensive as the system itself. A friend had one and I always enjoyed playing it but I was also glad that he paid for it not me.

I agree I had the Amiga and the Atari ST, the Amiga smoked all rivals.
My first computer was a Sinclair zx81, then I bought the Sinclair Spectrum 48k got rid of the spectrum and bought a Commodore 64. Kept the 64 and got an Amiga. My uncle moved to the US so he gave me his 2 month old Atari ST.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts