Force a recording onto a specific tuner

Chimera

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I'm sure this must be simple but I can't find it. I have a 722 and when I schedule recordings, they automatically go to tuner 2. This is fine unless I happen to be in bed watching tuner 2 when a recording happens. Is there any way to force a recording to a specific tuner so that it won't interrupt my bedtime viewing?

That is the one change I would make to the 622/722 boxes. The ability to easily go in and change the set tuner on a recording from 1 to 2 and vis versa. The only way I know to do it is a PITA. AFAIK, you have to delete the existing timer, go into the Menu and change the default tuner to 1 (not in front of my TV, or I would give you the commends to do it) and then reset the event so it defaults to tuner 1, and then you have to remember to change the default back, or you will run into the issue again. Wish Dish would make this easy to do from the Guide to swap scheduled recordings. I do not know how many times I have had exactly what you describe occur.

In dual mode, with record plus disabled, whichever tv is used to set a timer is where it will be recorded (Record Preference will be ignored). To change a timer from one tuner to the other other; delete the timer and re-enter it on the other tv.

Why can't they just add a simple option to choose what tuner you want? They cold put it right next to the other options like how often (once) DVR/reminder, etc. They can have a simple box with a picture of TV 1 and TV 2 and then just have a check box under or next to what ever one you wanted. It could be as simple as that - but no, we have to play games with deleting timers and such.....

The only problem with the way dual setting works is that it sometimes ties up the tuner you want to watch, in that case record plus sends it to the alternate tuner, but if somebody wants to watch it - get a 211 or another 622/722.

Why can't they just add a simple option to choose what tuner you want? They cold put it right next to the other options like how often (once) DVR/reminder, etc. They can have a simple box with a picture of TV 1 and TV 2 and then just have a check box under or next to what ever one you wanted. It could be as simple as that - but no, we have to play games with deleting timers and such.....

What he said. This is my major complaint with my 622's, and causes me all kinds of headaches. The workarounds quoted are just unacceptable for me. If you try to record in real time you get the choice of receiver, why not for timed recording?

Yeah, that's my biggest beef with the 622 .

Wish there was a parameter where we TELL the thing which tuner to use instead of doing all the crazy manipulations discussed in the prior post.
It's such a powerful device, and to be lacking control over such a basic function is somewhere between silly and bizarre.

You can do it when you decide to record the show you are watching. Why not in other situations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts