Force SD-HBH to upgrade?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

marcreichman

Original poster
Aug 12, 2008
Hello,

I have received for my company 5 SD-HBH receivers for use with automated processing. I realize these aren't the newest receivers around, but they work for us and specifically, are remote addressable (up to 8). We've had a number for years which work on the full channel set we subscribe to, which includes 101 programming and 95 programming. These new receivers I've gotten do not recognize the 95, but instead show it in the signal screen as "Sat 2384". I've noticed the ones we had that worked have a newer software version than these receivers, and the new ones don't seem to be upgrading.

Does anyone know a way to force the SD-HBH to try an upgrade?

That's not the problem - you need to run auto-detect on the satellite setup menu for each one, before they'll see 95. Make sure you run auto-detect 1 at a time...

Hi Dishrich,

Thanks for your response. Here's what I've done:
Menu -> System Setup -> Install
Set Dish Type to 'Oval Dish 2' (we have an international dish)
Run Autoconfig

It shows Oval Dish 2, Networks 0, 1, Switch Type: Simple, LNB: Unstacked

When this finishes, I can go to the signal meter, and I see both 101 and this 2384 one, and they both show signal. What should I do differently?

Our receivers that work show the list of networks as "0 1", not "0, 1", which I realize is the same thing, but it does illustrate the difference in sw versions

Last edited:
Well, are you getting the prog you are supposed to on 95 & is it showing in the guide?
If it does, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now something else - when I was setting these receivers up for our market, which uses the 2nd dish@72.5 f/locals, I always set my receivers first to round, THEN I run auto config - it always found the 2nd dish correctly every time. Maybe you might want to try it this way...

Unfortunately I'm not. It's giving me a "For Ordering Information" screen, but the package is definitely live as it's currently being captured on other receivers. Also, the test channel for 95 (457?) shows nothing on the screen. I will try the set it to round, then auto config trick.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)