Forced to get new software it is Horrible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

calikarim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
I was hearing about the new problems with software version 7.0, so i was happy that it was postponed. My box was stuck so i had to reboot, and i ended up with the new software 2.01 , since i was targeted . Boy is it a nightmare. Every channel i change to there is a 5 second pause, i get a black screen and the program bar disappears. It is so annoying, if anyone has a fix please help i am scared to change channels. It is so disrpting.

I too have been stuck with 7.0b for more than 2 weeks - it stinks! A few days after the release, I called VOOM and asked to be downgraded to 6.20. The CSR had me cold boot the box and then hit the box, whatever that involves. The CSR could not tell me if their was a patch available or if I could be downgraded. Anyway, this did nothing and the box still has its problems.

P.S. I called VOOM earlier this morning to complain about 7.0b and asked to be downgraded to 6.20. The CSR was very polite, but she has no record of any problems with 7.0b and couldn't offer any useful information. Bottom Line: the boxes can not be downgraded and there is no subsequent software version ready to correct problems with 7.0b - I was told to leave my box in standby mode, which is exactly what I have been doing for the past 15 days.

Voom probably put the 5 second pause in there becaue everyone bitched about the pixelation while changing channels. The pause is probably to give the image time to stabilize. My Dish 6000 is the same way but I prefer to see the pixelated instant picture rather than wait.

FunkyBoss said:
Maybe it's to get us ready for the new PVR since most PVRs take a few seconds to cache up after changing channels. ;)

That sounds encouraging.

(I am now hanging onto any and all rumor and innuendo that keeps me believing there will be a DVR before Christmas)

Is 5 second pause only with DVI

Just out of curiosity are all of us having problems only with DVI. I use a dual link DVI connection to hook my voom box to my Mits 65 inch. Is anyone having the same problems with component connections i would be curious to know. Also are all of you set to 1081 mode in resolution, how about changing the light on the red button so all the bars are lit, so its native resolution will vary based on the signal. Any feedback would be apprecialted.

calikarim said:
Just out of curiosity are all of us having problems only with DVI. I use a dual link DVI connection to hook my voom box to my Mits 65 inch. Is anyone having the same problems with component connections i would be curious to know. Also are all of you set to 1081 mode in resolution, how about changing the light on the red button so all the bars are lit, so its native resolution will vary based on the signal. Any feedback would be apprecialted.
I don't have any problem with the component connection. My Mits 73 don't have a DVI connection. It has Firewire, I wish Voom would add Firewire to there STB. I have my STB set on 1080i because in Native mode it won't pick up my local ABC or FOX, because my Component connection will only accept 480 or 1080i, also when in Native mode, if I go to Options and Settings, I wind up having to reboot the STB for some reason. 1080i works just fine so I leave it there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)