Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Blue Jackets goalie coach recovering after shooting self in chin

MINDEN, Nev. -- Clint Malarchuk, the former NHL goalie best known for having his jugular vein slashed by a skate in a 1989 game with Buffalo, is recovering after accidentally shooting himself in the chin with a rifle.

Wife Christy told sheriff's deputies that the .22-caliber rifle discharged after her husband placed the butt on the ground between his legs. He had been shooting rabbits.

The 47-year-old former player, now a goalie coach with the Columbus Blue Jackets, was flown by helicopter to a Reno hospital for treatment Tuesday.

"Our concern is with Clint and his well-being," the Blue Jackets said Thursday. "We are optimistic that he will have a full recovery very soon."

ESPN - Blue Jackets goalie coach recovering after shooting self in chin - NHL

I like rabbit, I don't like chin.

Seriously though, this guy has had a hard life with rare accidents.

Hope he recovers, that is a hard one.

I remember when Curtis Joseph was playing goalie for the Wings, and after one tough loss, he was feeling despondent about being booed, so he decided to end it all. He went into the street and stepped in front of an oncoming bus, but the bus went through his legs.

OK, that had nothing to do with this thread, but he shouldn't be hunting with his safety off.

I remember when Curtis Joseph was playing goalie for the Wings, and after one tough loss, he was feeling despondent about being booed, so he decided to end it all. He went into the street and stepped in front of an oncoming bus, but the bus went through his legs.
What does that mean? Like it hit him so hard that his feet were left on the ground or something? Or like he stepped in too late and it hit the legs that were in the path as opposed to his whole body?

Also, something's not right here. The article also talked about Clint being beligerent towards the cops when they came around. Clint had an issue w/alcohol when he was with the Sabres, taking painkillers with alcohol to wash them down. I believe he was hospitalized after that one and never played for the Sabres again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)